2k12: Josh Reddick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k12: Josh Reddick

Reddick has been a pleasant surprise in '12, playing everyday and showing 5-category ability in fantasy leagues. With 7 HRs, 4 SBs, 21 R, 15 RBI and a .281 BA, he's on pace for 100 R, 30 HR & 20 SB.

Can he keep it up? He didn't show a lot from '09-'11 in the minors, and his career high there in SBs was 14. But he did have a similar season in '08 where he showed good pop and speed.

Is he a sell high? Or a solid buy candidate?

I always liked his power. What I like about him most is his intensity. The first time I saw him play was at AFL and this one time he smoked a liner and it got caught. Dude goes back to the dugout cussing up a storm. I laughed at the time because he looked liked a nerd wearing metal wire frame eyeglasses.

For fantasy purposes I'm slightly bullish on him.

Comment

and Reddick with another jack, a 3-run shot, as he goes 4-for-4 with 5 RBIs and a SB. Unreal.

Comment

Goes yard again. Man if he only had hitters in front of him.

Comment

#10 on the year for Reddick....

Comment

#11 and opposite field.

Comment

#12 off Ivan Nova....this guy is en fuego. On pace for 40 jacks. Billy Beane strikes again!!

Comment

There he goes again.

Comment

Best player on my team.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

There goes that man again! #14! I love how he attacks the ball. He hits it as if it insulted his mother.

Comment

So what's the consensus on this guy? Breakout year or flukey first half? I have a chance to acquire him and I'm afraid my A's bias is making objectivity hard.

Comment

Looking at his record in the minors, he's consistently had very good isoPower and a decent or better K/PA. And none of it was aided by being older than everybody else or by league (i.e. his AAA was the IL, not the PCL).

Regarding his stats this year:
                        His HR/xbh is arguably a little high, he's got 25 xbh and 14 of those are homers. Maybe change 3 of those back to doubles to temper expectations.
                        His SBs look unrealistic, he's 16/31 the last 4 years in the minors

In the offseason, he has surgery to replace a "chronic" wrist injury(link-sbnation).
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Dude just flat out sucks lately. Will he start producing or continue to suck? My bet is he sucks.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Dude just flat out sucks lately. Will he start producing or continue to suck? My bet is he sucks.
                            Last 2 games: 5-for-7, 4 Runs, 2 HRs, 4 RBIs, 1 SB. Nice job outta you!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Last 2 games: 5-for-7, 4 Runs, 2 HRs, 4 RBIs, 1 SB. Nice job outta you!
                              That's because i just traded him before those games. You can thank me.

Comment

Working...
                              X