No announcement yet.

2K12: Allen Craig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardinal fan and Allen Craig owner checking in here on this; I hope it helps. Matheny is a new manager, so we can't know for sure, but I bet Craig will get his atbats, not quite full time, but close.

Craig's defense at 2B is quite rough and the Cardinals pretty much given up on his bad hands at 3B (a Freese injury would be good news for Carpenter, not Craig, I'd wager). Craig is too slow to play CF. But I agree he'll get five games at 2B if everyone else ends up healthy...I don't see him being the starting 2B, however - last year, Craig stood around awkwardly but fairly harmlessly somewhere between the middle of the diamond and Albert Pujols mostly (exclusively?) when lefty Jaime Garcia pitched (since the opponents would be sending nearly all righties to the plate)

To crack the starting lineup, Craig just needs one of (Berkman/Beltran/Holliday) to be injured at any given time, and each of those guys will get a day off here and there. Or if Jay gets injured, I'd guess they'd go Schumacher full time in CF, opening up more atbats for Craig one way or another - in RF with wishful thinking Beltran moving to CF, or some more starts at 2B.

So worst case for Craig, if all the old men are healthy and the Cardinals aren't on the road with AL teams, he'll still likely get 3 starts per week, plus pinch hitting when he doesn't start.

Comment

he appears to be good.

I wonder what the Cards will do when Berkman comes back. With Berkman, Holliday, Beltran, and Craig, they have four guys who can crush the ball (Holliday has the lowest OPS of that group at around .900) and really only three positions to play them. I know Berkman and Beltran are kind of creaky, but do they just rotate sitting one of the four every game?
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Beltran has played 3 games in center field, all in June, so I'd guess they'll have Beltran play center once per week too. And Allen Craig did take some pregame grounders at second in June. And someone else will get hurt. So I don't foresee a significant playing time drop for Craig.

Comment

Craig has been pulled from the lineup today. Cardinals GM John Mozeliak will hold a press conference regarding Craig's health at 4PM.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Cardinals GM John Mozeliak says Allen Craig woke up this morning with discomfort in his chest. X-rays negative, should start tomorrow.

for this they needed a press conference?

Comment

Allen Craig is in the lineup Thursday, 8/9/12
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
              X