2K12: Allen Craig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Allen Craig

Activated from the DL today and should play 1B while Berkman is out. Who is starting him with confidence?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
    Activated from the DL today and should play 1B while Berkman is out. Who is starting him with confidence?
    *raises hand*

I activated him on Sunday.

Comment

I activated him too and sent Ryan Sweeney to the curb.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        I activated him too and sent Ryan Sweeney to the curb.
        I have a rover spot that has been Alejandro De Aza and I was going to play Bryan LaHair after I scooped him up off waivers, but I've stashed Craig all year so now I'm stuck.

I like Craig's profile a lot. LaHair has been crushing the ball but his hit rate is absurdly (like .520 BABIP) and 36% HR/F rate so I would't be surprised to see a huge fall given that he's striking out 45% of the time.

I wonder where Allen Craig will hit in the lineup.
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Would you drop Gerardo Parra, or Tony Campana for Craig?

Thanks.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Would you drop Gerardo Parra, or Tony Campana for Craig?

Thanks.
            I would absolutely drop Parra for him. Not sure about Campana.

Comment

working well so far!

(I activated him on Sunday in both leagues I had him, replacing Mesoraco at UT in one and Ankiel in the other.)
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                I have a rover spot that has been Alejandro De Aza and I was going to play Bryan LaHair after I scooped him up off waivers, but I've stashed Craig all year so now I'm stuck.

I like Craig's profile a lot. LaHair has been crushing the ball but his hit rate is absurdly (like .520 BABIP) and 36% HR/F rate so I would't be surprised to see a huge fall given that he's striking out 45% of the time.

I wonder where Allen Craig will hit in the lineup.
                Plus, LaHair doesn't start vs. LHPs.

Comment

Dude has raked like an All-Star since being activated. I for one am fully on-board with the Cards "youth movement" of Freese and Craig. He'll play, don't you worry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Dude has raked like an All-Star since being activated. I for one am fully on-board with the Cards "youth movement" of Freese and Craig. He'll play, don't you worry about that.
                    He's freaking carrying my RJEL team

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Where will he play? Once Berkman's back, he's at first, Holliday is in left, and Beltran is in right. Does Craig play any other positions?

Comment

He played a little bit of second, third, and center field last year. And I expect Berkman and Beltran at least will require more rest than your average player.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          He played a little bit of second, third, and center field last year. And I expect Berkman and Beltran at least will require more rest than your average player.
                          Jon Jay is also raking in CF (.379 BA). Perhaps he'll find his spot at 2B.

With the emergence of Craig, Freese & Jay, and resurgence of Beltran & Berkman, Cards fans may be saying "Albert Who?"

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            That's multi-position eligibility sweetness.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                              That's multi-position eligibility sweetness.
                              well, remember that Pujols played a bit of third last year too. LaRussa was an interesting manager.

But I could definitely see Craig getting his five games at 2B if Schumaker doesn't keep hitting over .300.

Comment

Working...
                              X