Brian Wilson structural elbow damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    100% up in the air, he's probably 4th in line for saves, third at best, right now behind romo, castilla and probably affelt
    Otero factor in there at all?

Comment

It's super fun to spend $23 on Wilson and another $5 for Romo as his handcuff and possibly get no closer. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Otero factor in there at all?
        Not at all
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Any chance for Lopez to close?

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
            Any chance for Lopez to close?
            Castillo, Romo, Lopez, and Hembree. That's the order of opportunities in my mind. As a Wilson and Romo owner I want to throw-up.

Comment

I'd think the order is Romo, Casilla, Affeldt, Hembree, with Lopez picking up an odd save here and therebased on handedness. I think Otero is a real dark horse. If Hembree is not ready and Bochy decides to keep the pen as is and just replace Wilson without disrupting everyone's roles, I could envision a scenario where it falls to Otero. It isn't likely, mind you, but it is possible.

Still, my money would be on Romo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                I'd think the order is Romo, Casilla, Affeldt, Hembree, with Lopez picking up an odd save here and therebased on handedness. I think Otero is a real dark horse. If Hembree is not ready and Bochy decides to keep the pen as is and just replace Wilson without disrupting everyone's roles, I could envision a scenario where it falls to Otero. It isn't likely, mind you, but it is possible.

Still, my money would be on Romo.
                Didn't they use Romo as a set-up man last year even when Wilson was down? I love the guy, but perhaps they think he's too valuable to them as a versatile any-inning guy as opposed to locking him in as the 9th inning man.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                  Didn't they use Romo as a set-up man last year even when Wilson was down? I love the guy, but perhaps they think he's too valuable to them as a versatile any-inning guy as opposed to locking him in as the 9th inning man.
                  I believe what happened last year was this: Romo was already hurt, on the DL, when Wilson went down. Romo had been the 8th inning guy at the time of Romo's injury. So last year, Casilla got the call since Romo wasn't available, did well, and then when Romo returned (before Wilson), there was no reason to change from Casilla to Romo.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                    I believe what happened last year was this: Romo was already hurt, on the DL, when Wilson went down. Romo had been the 8th inning guy at the time of Romo's injury. So last year, Casilla got the call since Romo wasn't available, did well, and then when Romo returned (before Wilson), there was no reason to change from Casilla to Romo.
                    Sergio Romo placed on DL 8/16/2011 and activated from DL 8/28/2011
                    Brian Wilson placed on DL 8/21/2011 (backdated to 8/16/2011) and activated from DL 9/18/2011 (did not pitch though)

Giants game scores:

8/16 through 8/20 no saves for Giants (Wilson then placed on DL)
                    8/21 Ramirez gets save
                    8/24 Casilla gets save
                    8/26 Casilla save
                    9/6 Ramirez save
                    9/14 Casilla save
                    9/15 Casilla save
                    9/17 Casilla save
                    9/26 Casilla save

other saves for non-Wilson Giants in 2011:
                    4/6 Ramirez save
                    5/12 Lopez save
                    6/2 Affeldt save
                    6/26 Affeldt save
                    7/1 Affeldt save
                    7/2 Mota save
                    7/9 Romo save
                    8/14 Ramirez save

Wilson 36 saves
                    Casilla 6 saves
                    Ramirez 4 saves
                    Affeldt 3 saves
                    Lopez 1 save
                    Romo 1 save
                    Mota 1 save
                    Last edited by Lurker765; 04-17-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker765 View Post
                      Sergio Romo placed on DL 8/16/2011 and activated from DL 8/28/2011
                      Brian Wilson placed on DL 8/21/2011 (backdated to 8/16/2011) and activated from DL 9/18/2011 (did not pitch though)

Giants game scores:

8/16 through 8/20 no saves for Giants (Wilson then placed on DL)
                      8/21 Ramirez gets save
                      8/24 Casilla gets save
                      8/26 Casilla save
                      9/6 Ramirez save
                      9/14 Casilla save
                      9/15 Casilla save
                      9/17 Casilla save
                      9/26 Casilla save

other saves for non-Wilson Giants in 2011:
                      4/6 Ramirez save
                      5/12 Lopez save
                      6/2 Affeldt save
                      6/26 Affeldt save
                      7/1 Affeldt save
                      7/2 Mota save
                      7/9 Romo save
                      8/14 Ramirez save

Wilson 36 saves
                      Casilla 6 saves
                      Ramirez 4 saves
                      Affeldt 3 saves
                      Lopez 1 save
                      Romo 1 save
                      Mota 1 save
                      good, detailed stuff, but 8/16-8/28 for Romo's DL stint wouldn't be a full 15 days.

Comment

Bochy thinks this:

Giants manager Bruce Bochy said it's "fair to say" that Santiago Casilla will get the first shot at the closer job with Brian Wilson out.
                        Bochy indicated previously that he would use a closer by committee, but most expected Casilla to get the first crack at the job. The manager wants to keep Sergio Romo and Javier Lopez in their familiar setup roles, plus, Casilla converted all six saves chances last season while filling in for Wilson. We don't doubt his ability to handle the role, but his leash figures to be short. Source: Andrew Baggarly on Twitter Apr. 17 - 8:04 pm et
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                          good, detailed stuff, but 8/16-8/28 for Romo's DL stint wouldn't be a full 15 days.
                          Most likely backdated from the last time Romo pitched? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not 15 days from the date placed on the DL, but a minimum of 15 days from the last time a player appeared in a game.

Comment

Romo pitching the 8th with a 4-2 lead.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                              Most likely backdated from the last time Romo pitched? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not 15 days from the date placed on the DL, but a minimum of 15 days from the last time a player appeared in a game.
                              Correct. I forgot to include the backdate in my note. Romo pitched on August 9th and then not again until the 28th

Comment

Casilla pitching the top of the 9th with a two run lead

Comment

Working...
                                X