Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Wilson structural elbow damage

John Shea ‏ @JohnSheaHey Follow

Brian Wilson structural damage elbow, facing possible surgery, possibly meeting with Dr. Andrews.
    Hello Romo

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
    I would think Casilla.

Comment

up for grabs until we hear more, no locks before that
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        up for grabs until we hear more, no locks before that
        Didn't Casilla get the opportunities when Wilson was out last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
          I would think Casilla.
          Agreed.

Comment

Affeldt has gotten some at times, too
            supposedly Casilla is the play, but it's fluid
            same manager all over the map with Belt/Pill/Nate S etc

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Heath Hembree, who is the closer at triple-A Fresno, will likely be called up to replace the hole in the bullpen created by Wilson. Hembree, who led the minors in saves last season with 38, has 43 saves in three seasons with the Giants organization. Many believe that if the Giants don’t retain Wilson when he is a free agent after the 2013 season, Hembree will move into the closer role. It’s possible he could get that chance a couple years early.

Comment

You'll see hembree in the 7th, not in the ninth this year
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I've withdrawn one of my Casilla FAAB claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
                    I've withdrawn one of my Casilla FAAB claims.
                    one? why?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                      one? why?
                      Probably would need to dump Brantley or Ibanez to get him and I'd rather keep both because I don't know which one is going to emerge as my best UTIL option. Plus then I'd have no depth to plug in for an injured OF. I have other claims in for Samardzija, Milone, Lidge, and Rodney (this is our first waivers of the year and there was none preseason, draft was mid March) dropping Pestano and Joel Peralta and bid enough that I expect to get 2 of them. I should say that I left my Casilla bid in, but significantly reduced the amount ($1000 FAAB budget, original bid 32, reduced to 6) and put him 5th on the list behind the others. Bet he goes for more and I get 2 of the other 4 anyway.

Comment

So, why is the prevailing thought that Casilla is the guy to own over Romo? Romo has been one of the best setup men in all of baseball the last couple of years.

Comment

maybe because Romo was the same guy last September when Casilla was racking up saves for the injured Wilson?

Romo was a little banged up then, and he's a little banged up now, too.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                            Heath Hembree, who is the closer at triple-A Fresno, will likely be called up to replace the hole in the bullpen created by Wilson. Hembree, who led the minors in saves last season with 38, has 43 saves in three seasons with the Giants organization. Many believe that if the Giants don’t retain Wilson when he is a free agent after the 2013 season, Hembree will move into the closer role. It’s possible he could get that chance a couple years early.

http://throughthefencebaseball.com/b...closer-options
                            Is Hembree a worthwhile pickup for this year (as a reliever not closer)? For 2013 is he pretty clearly the guy or very much up in the air?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                              Is Hembree a worthwhile pickup for this year (as a reliever not closer)? For 2013 is he pretty clearly the guy or very much up in the air?
                              100% up in the air, he's probably 4th in line for saves, third at best, right now behind romo, castilla and probably affelt
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X