My AL Tout team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    So far in my AL only auction, Pujols went for 56, Fielder for 51, and Felix for 47...Oy!
    Hey... mine too...weird

:explode:
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Getz turned into a nice buy as he is now the starting 2B and should steal some bases.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        Getz turned into a nice buy as he is now the starting 2B and should steal some bases.
        Nice! Where did you see that?
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Giovatella was optioned down today

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              I just left him off my keeper list too .

Comment

I read that it is now between Getz and Betancourt. Both have good defense, and Betancourt may have the better bat. Personally, I like Getz because of his wheels, but I think we need to keep our eyes open.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                  I read that it is now between Getz and Betancourt. Both have good defense, and Betancourt may have the better bat. Personally, I like Getz because of his wheels, but I think we need to keep our eyes open.
                  Betancourt has better defense? As in Why Betancourt?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    misread Lawr's interest in him.
                    Per Lawr on Mastersball.com regarding his pre Tout plan:
                    Alexi Ogando (SP, Rangers): First half last year he was lights out: second half he was burnt out. Well, I am thinking first that a year under his belt makes the now starter better able to pace himself, just like I am thinking the Neftali Feliz as a starter experiment will fade, and quickly (meaning Ogando's stintn the pen will be short-livbed). 14 wins and an ERA around 4.00 with 140 whiffs is fine and I think right now, with the questionable status, around $7 should close the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                      Per Lawr on Mastersball.com regarding his pre Tout plan:
                      Alexi Ogando (SP, Rangers): First half last year he was lights out: second half he was burnt out. Well, I am thinking first that a year under his belt makes the now starter better able to pace himself, just like I am thinking the Neftali Feliz as a starter experiment will fade, and quickly (meaning Ogando's stintn the pen will be short-livbed). 14 wins and an ERA around 4.00 with 140 whiffs is fine and I think right now, with the questionable status, around $7 should close the deal.
                      I didn't read his pre-plan, but remember his comments & such about him throughout last year & the off-season and how he has little faith in Nathan making it through the season or Feliz staying in the rotation. He went to $9 on him

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                        Your middle infield is ugly, but I like the rest of your team. You might be a little light on SB after Bourjos. Can you explain $10 for Ogando?
                        Ogando is going to be a stud swingman, IMO. Without major injury to a starter currently in the rotation, he should still get 5-7 starts plus another 60+ IP outta the bullpen. I think he will be great in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
                          Ogando is going to be a stud swingman, IMO. Without major injury to a starter currently in the rotation, he should still get 5-7 starts plus another 60+ IP outta the bullpen. I think he will be great in that time.
                          I see. He is the de facto 6th SP and a ratio machine. With 60 IP, he would work as the anchor for Bodheiza's MR Cy Young strategy. He should get also the Holds that went to Uehara for those where it matters.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                          X