P: Reed $3
    P: Bailey $16
    P: Iwakuma $1
    P: Furbush $1
    res: W. Davis
    res: Uehara
    res: Paxton
    res: Fuld

Your middle infield is ugly, but I like the rest of your team. You might be a little light on SB after Bourjos. Can you explain $10 for Ogando?

Comment

This is one reason why expert auction bug me, they really don't represent what will happen in real life, IMO. I would be shocked if you could get Pujols at 40 in a regular auction, and the same goes for the rest of the top-tier guys.

I don't think that your MI is as bad as Ryno does...I expect Plouffle to get double digit HR's, and I think that Gezt will get 350 AB's or so, which should translate to 20 steals. Not a fan of Hellboy at 15 though...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I listened to a bunch of this on the radio...I loved the bargain for Pujols. Love the pitching staff and the strategy you employed to get it, especially Addison Reed for $3.

The one player I didnt like for you (on price especially) was Mauer. If it was me, I would rather have spent that money on a low-range C and a better MI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
          Your middle infield is ugly, but I like the rest of your team. You might be a little light on SB after Bourjos. Can you explain $10 for Ogando?
          misread Lawr's interest in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            This is one reason why expert auction bug me, they really don't represent what will happen in real life, IMO. I would be shocked if you could get Pujols at 40 in a regular auction, and the same goes for the rest of the top-tier guys.

I don't think that your MI is as bad as Ryno does...I expect Plouffle to get double digit HR's, and I think that Gezt will get 350 AB's or so, which should translate to 20 steals. Not a fan of Hellboy at 15 though...
            Ray or no Ray, Hellickson's babip regression is being terribly overblown. Think Jered Weaver with what he does in inducing weak contact. He pitched to baaaad catching last season - Molina is going to be a godsend

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post

The one player I didnt like for you (on price especially) was Mauer. If it was me, I would rather have spent that money on a low-range C and a better MI.
              My thoughts on Mauer and the money spent on him as well.

Comment

I like this team. It has a lot of guys with risk, but they have a big upside and the risk is not unreasonable.

As for expert leagues and players like Pujols, that should be instructive. Yes, someone will pay a lot more for Pujols in most of our leagues, but that doesn't mean he is worth it.

I hear people every year talk about how many owners won with X on their team. I've seen that in my 15-team mixed, too. The thing is, the winning teams with Pujols (and previously Crawford) often didn't start off with Pujols or Crawford. Somebody else overpaid for them, and wound up having to trade them away when their teams when to ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                  I like this team. It has a lot of guys with risk, but they have a big upside and the risk is not unreasonable.

As for expert leagues and players like Pujols, that should be instructive. Yes, someone will pay a lot more for Pujols in most of our leagues, but that doesn't mean he is worth it.

I hear people every year talk about how many owners won with X on their team. I've seen that in my 15-team mixed, too. The thing is, the winning teams with Pujols (and previously Crawford) often didn't start off with Pujols or Crawford. Somebody else overpaid for them, and wound up having to trade them away when their teams when to ****.
                  Very good point...in my league we call it the Pujols curse.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

With Santana going at 28, I like Mauer at 20. They've talked about him playing 1B until Morneau gets straight as well so that is going to help. I had him at $22.

Then again, I had him priced at $25 last year and took him at $23 and paid the price. I'm a forgiving person

Comment

Very solid. Love Lewis at $12. Furbush could be a sneaky pick with that defense behind him. How much did Noesi go for? I like him more. I would probably have tried to pair Bailey with Melancon, just because I really worry about Bailey making it through the whole season.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        Very solid. Love Lewis at $12. Furbush could be a sneaky pick with that defense behind him. How much did Noesi go for? I like him more. I would probably have tried to pair Bailey with Melancon, just because I really worry about Bailey making it through the whole season.
                        Noesi went $5

Comment

I likethis team Jason. I think Joyce for $13 is one of the top priced players. Reed should be a nice profit even if he doesn't sniff saves, if he does bigger bonus. More players will show up in the MI pool during the seasons that can have some value. I like the strategy.

Comment

What about all the cespedes love? $15, not a big portion of the budget but I prefer to let the unproven cuban go to another luben.

Comment

HR + SB combo & guaranteed playing time. He & Joyce for only $28 makes me happy

Comment

Working...
                              X