Yankee's sign Andy Pettitte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    I feel like you are holding back, tell us how you really feel.
    LOL...I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

I agree with BobK that Pineda isn't getting sent down, but he does look like he was on the Sabathia-Sandoval Seefood diet. There's no nice way to say it...he's just fat.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      According to Rotoworld, Cashman offered Pettitte a 12 million dollar deal back in December. Jeebus...12 million bucks? So much for trying to get below that luxury tax level...
      I think the article implied that Cashman would have taken Pettitte for $12 million and then wouldn't have signed Kuroda. That's where that money went, so after he made those moves, the Yankees didn't have the cash to spring for Pettitte any more. Until he came to them at a ridiculously low price.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
        I think the article implied that Cashman would have taken Pettitte for $12 million and then wouldn't have signed Kuroda. That's where that money went, so after he made those moves, the Yankees didn't have the cash to spring for Pettitte any more. Until he came to them at a ridiculously low price.
        Still a ridiculous offer for an ancient pitcher who hasn't played in more than a year. They were damn lucky that Pettitte turned it down then, and that Kuroda accepted it...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Still a ridiculous offer for an ancient pitcher who hasn't played in more than a year. They were damn lucky that Pettitte turned it down then, and that Kuroda accepted it...
          I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Pettitte is such a self-righteous douchebag. I wish him nothing but the worst.
            If you would read his book then you too would be more enlightened

http://www.amazon.com/Strike-Zone-Ta.../dp/0805430873

you are going to love this-
            http://www.gofbw.com/news.asp?ID=4151

didn't Pettitte cheat?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              didn't Pettitte cheat?
              He cheated. Lied about how many times he cheated and then revised the lies about cheating a few more times. Still got a huge media pass because he's Ol Andy!

Comment

Working...
              X