2k12: Free Agent League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Good trade - I think Morales is a good sized upgrade on Schafer. Seems like you have plenty of RPs to keep trying to deal as well. I've noticed alot of hurt RPs are on my league's wire (Storen was, Farnsworth, Bailey) - all of whom you may be able to stash and get value for them in the 2nd half.
    Good call, although with a 5 player bench (and VMart on the DL) I have 4 starters whom I'm rotating plus one bat - not much room. I'm rostering Chapman but may cut him loose since he's nothing but a good source of Ks.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Good call, although with a 5 player bench (and VMart on the DL) I have 4 starters whom I'm rotating plus one bat - not much room. I'm rostering Chapman but may cut him loose since he's nothing but a good source of Ks.
      True - if you think VMart will make it back this year, then it's a good stash. I was a little more skeptical so I've been using Storen in my DL spot all year after he was dropped early in the season.

Comment

True - if you think VMart will make it back this year, then it's a good stash. I was a little more skeptical so I've been using Storen in my DL spot all year after he was dropped early in the season.
        The trade was accepted. I read that V-Mart was in line for an August return and stashed him. I just dropped him for Storen.

Comment

I've had a strong few weeks and am I currently kicking around 3rd to 5th about 15-18 points out of first. I currently have seven closers and would like to trade one or two for an offensive upgrade but haven't had much luck yet. I am in first place in saves with an 11 save lead over second place and a 34 save lead over third place. Part of the problem is that I have a hard time gauging what a fair deal is. I put an email to the league but people aren't that aggressive in these leagues.

Here is my roster and maybe if someone could give me an idea of what I think I could get for my collection of closers

C - Lucroy
          1B - Dunn
          2B - Infante, Altuve
          SS - Furcal
          3B - Dan Murphy
          OF - Trout, Harper, Pagan, Kubel, De Aza, Cespedes DL

SP - Peavy, Beachy, J Johnson, Capuano, Samardzija
          RP - Motte, Casilla, Broxton, Fuentes, Myers, Thayer, Janssen

As you can see, that's a lot of closers and if if it weren't for Myers have SP eligibility I couldn't start them all. I realize the shelf life of Thayer and Janssen is limited but even still five is probably more than enough, besides Santos is available (as are Farnsworth and Bailey). I don't really have anyone to drop to pick them up and stash them away plus I have Cespedes currently on the DL.

So...I could really use a third basemen and perhaps I should start there, maybe someone like Moustakis? Would he be too much to ask for any of my closers? Plus Furcal seems to be fading, so I could probably use an upgrade there.

If anyone has an ideas, names, advice I could really use some help. Making trade offers in these types of leagues (non keeper) have always been a difficulty of mine.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

You've got to catch people's eye, so I would be looking to package Harper + a closer (probably Myers) for an upgrade at 3B or SS. Maybe there's a team that has 2 top-8 guys at either position (Hanley's owner?).

Comment

1) Post a league message advertising closers. Offer a 2-for-1 for a slugger.
              2) Offer Broxton (name value) or Casilla (nice numbers) for a slugger. I countered Pena for Downs with Konerko for Rodney. I talked up Rodney's success and lack of competition and it was a done deal. I also traded Casilla for Morales.

Comment

Thanks guys. I made the offer that JC suggested as the Hanley owner currently has him at UT (with S Castro at SS and C Jones at 3B) and he could really use saves. He's near the top so he's probably still paying attention to his team to actually respond to the offer. I'll just have to be more proactive in sending out emails all over the place and see what happens.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  Thanks guys. I made the offer that JC suggested as the Hanley owner currently has him at UT (with S Castro at SS and C Jones at 3B) and he could really use saves. He's near the top so he's probably still paying attention to his team to actually respond to the offer. I'll just have to be more proactive in sending out emails all over the place and see what happens.
                  I have 3 offers on the table right now. I suspect there are a few inactive owners in my league though. Like the owner with Bailey in his starting lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    I have 3 offers on the table right now. I suspect there are a few inactive owners in my league though. Like the owner with Bailey in his starting lineup.
                    One team has Pineda, Street and Chris Carpenter in their starting lineup. Another teams has Daniel Hudson, Luebke and Soria active. I don't even bother making those teams an offer. I always look to see how many moves the team has made before I bother with an offer.

I am starting to think that teams just don't care about closers in this league. Addison Reed, who Ventura just officially named the closer, was available in my league. I dropped Kubel to pick him up. So now I'm in a bigger hole in terms of too many closers. But I think Reed's stuff is too good to pass up.

My offer of Myers and Harper for Hanley was rejected. No counter.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

One team has Pineda, Street and Chris Carpenter in their starting lineup. Another teams has Daniel Hudson, Luebke and Soria active. I don't even bother making those teams an offer. I always look to see how many moves the team has made before I bother with an offer.

I am starting to think that teams just don't care about closers in this league. Addison Reed, who Ventura just officially named the closer, was available in my league. I dropped Kubel to pick him up. So now I'm in a bigger hole in terms of too many closers. But I think Reed's stuff is too good to pass up.

My offer of Myers and Harper for Hanley was rejected. No counter.
                      I would e-mail that owner and ask who they'd be willing to give up for a couple closers.

I dropped Downs for Soriano yesterday and just dropped Dolis for Reed.

Comment

So the two offers I got so far:

LeHair for Myers

T Hunter and Ogando for De Aza and Myers

Obviously the second deal isn't gonna happen but the first one is intriguing. But LeHair has been in a huge slump.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Agree that the 2nd one won't cut it but the 1st one is close. Depends on if you think LaHair is going to bounce back or not. I think I'd probably do the deal but before doing it, maybe shoot a trade offer to everyone for Myers for their 3rd/4th Ofer or so and see if you can get anyone to bite and someone better than LaHair

So the two offers I got so far:

LeHair for Myers

T Hunter and Ogando for De Aza and Myers

Obviously the second deal isn't gonna happen but the first one is intriguing. But LeHair has been in a huge slump.

Comment

Agree that the 2nd one won't cut it but the 1st one is close. Depends on if you think LaHair is going to bounce back or not. I think I'd probably do the deal but before doing it, maybe shoot a trade offer to everyone for Myers for their 3rd/4th Ofer or so and see if you can get anyone to bite and someone better than LaHair
                            I just don't trust LeHair to bounce back. I countered with Motte and Thayer for Jay Bruce (I didn't expect him to take it but Bruce was in a slump so I thought I'd take a chance) and he countered with Myers and Broxton for Ortiz and Schafer. Ortiz is clearly better than LeHair and I guess I can afford to give up two closers but they are two of the better closers I have. I was concerned about Ortiz being in a slump but he had 3 hits today. I'm doing pretty good in steals, one behind second place but far behind first place so Schafer is nice but would really only get me a point, but I guess he should also help in runs. I wonder if he'd do Ortiz and LeHair instead of Schafer...

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'd just take Papi and be happy about it.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                I'd just take Papi and be happy about it.
                                Do you mean counter with just one closer for Papi or take the deal?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X