2011 Spring Training News & Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Brian Roberts said Wednesday that he is not concerned about his stiff neck.
    He went for precautionary X-rays on Wednesday morning after sleeping wrong on his neck. Roberts doesn't believe it is related to last year's back issue.
    Didnt he say the same thing about his back last year?

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil Empire View Post
      Didnt he say the same thing about his back last year?
      who knows? The guy is made of glass so I wouldnt be surprise if he fractured vertebrae while sleeping on a really firm pillow.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Just curious. What makes you say that he is "made of glass"?
        Blondie flashback?

Comment

David Aardsma walks unaided for the first time...bump Brandon League up big time, IMO.

. "I've been putting more weight on my legs and hips each day for awhile now, but the first 25 feet I walked without crutches? That was a great feeling," said Aardsma. "The work continues." There's still no timetable for him to start throwing, let alone get on a mound, so he still may miss the early part of the season. Keep Brandon League in mind in all formats.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Julio Borbon's defense has been reported to be so bad that he may get sent to the minors.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Julio Borbon's defense has been reported to be so bad that he may get sent to the minors.
              I think I read he has dropped 6 balls.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I'm glad I saw this, you could put this in my keeper list thread?
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  I'm glad I saw this, you could put this in my keeper list thread?
                  Making David Murphy look like a good end game play.

Recent News
                  Poor defense has put Julio Borbon's roster spot in jeopardy.
                  "He's been up and down," manager Ron Washington said. "He's been doing a lot of good things, mixed with some things that need to be corrected. The down has only been on the defensive side. He's made some pretty good defensive plays. He just has to be more consistent. We feel like he can play good defense. We hope he straightens it out pretty soon." Josh Hamilton is starting in center field Saturday, and it's looking possible that he could be starting there on Opening Day. Washington also said that David Murphy is in line for more playing time in center, which would allow Hamilton to stay in left
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Borbon is going to be the next Jeff Stone at this rate.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Brandon Webb was scratched from his ST start with...shoulder discomfort.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        Borbon is going to be the next Jeff Stone at this rate.
                        The leather may suck, but he is hitting a ton.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Chase Utley's DL stint can be backdated
                          Thu, 24 Mar 2011 09:46:14 -0700
                          The Philadelphia Phillies can backdate 2B Chase Utley's (knee) disabled-list stint, meaning he could be eligible to return April 6, However, Utley is likely to be out much longer than that.
                          He remains limited to taking batting practice and fielding ground balls while seated on a stool. The pain in his knee is the worst when he makes sharp movements like starting and stopping of running.

Does anybody reallllllllly believe this guy will be back this season......WTF!....fielding ground balls while seated on a stool?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                            Chase Utley's DL stint can be backdated
                            Thu, 24 Mar 2011 09:46:14 -0700
                            The Philadelphia Phillies can backdate 2B Chase Utley's (knee) disabled-list stint, meaning he could be eligible to return April 6, However, Utley is likely to be out much longer than that.
                            He remains limited to taking batting practice and fielding ground balls while seated on a stool. The pain in his knee is the worst when he makes sharp movements like starting and stopping of running.

Does anybody reallllllllly believe this guy will be back this season......WTF!....fielding ground balls while seated on a stool?
                            Is there anything in the rules against using a stool during a live game?
                            I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                              Is there anything in the rules against using a stool during a live game?
                              From what I've seen from some infielders, apparently not.
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

Cubs release Carlos Silva.

If this makes a difference in your Roto season, you are in a desperate situation.
                                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X