X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote of the day
    "Good location. Great aim. And good velocity, too."

David Price on his performance during a drug test
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Its amazing how many reports by rotoworld pertain to 'so and so gained 15 pounds of muscle' or 'so and so dropped 20 pounds over the winter' bla bla bla. I know its a very dry time for news but I sense a Jenny Craig commercial on tap for MLB players.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

That's about all there is to write about at the moment, aside from injury updates. At least once a day you will come across the phrase "he's in the best shape of his career."
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Bruce Bochy said that because of the Giants early schedule, Madison Bumgardner will start the season at AAA Fresno and stay for at least the first 3 weeks as they don't need a fifth starter
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Rotoworld:

Jake McGee said Tuesday in camp that he wants to be the Rays' closer this season.
            He can make it happen, too, if he shows enough in live action games this spring. McGee, 24, posted strong numbers at the Triple-A level last season and looked sharp when promoted to the big leagues in September. Rays manager Joe Maddon certainly seems to have taking a liking to him. "He said that?" Maddon responded when told that McGee wants to close. "Good for him. I think that's great. I love it." With J.P. Howell (shoulder) sidelined until probably mid-May, the youngster only has to beat out Kyle Farnsworth and Joel Peralta.
            I'd say his odds just went up.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Why are teams naming their Opening Day starters so early? Is there a benefit to naming them so early?
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Why are teams naming their Opening Day starters so early? Is there a benefit to naming them so early?
                Yes, believe it or not. They want to get guys throwing every 5th day as early as next week, so they need to work the schedule backwards and figure out what days they should pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Yes, believe it or not. They want to get guys throwing every 5th day as early as next week, so they need to work the schedule backwards and figure out what days they should pitch.
                  Yea but they can do that without naming a starter right? Keep their options open. Let it be presumed without coming out and saying it. If Volquez stays healthy all spring but pitches to a 10 ERA, Dusty now has egg on his face if he pulls him from the opening day start.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Yea but they can do that without naming a starter right? Keep their options open. Let it be presumed without coming out and saying it. If Volquez stays healthy all spring but pitches to a 10 ERA, Dusty now has egg on his face if he pulls him from the opening day start.
                    I guess the theory is that reporters will figure it out anyway so you might as well announce it. If Opening Day is April 1, and a guy is scheduled to pitch 3/25, 3/20, 3/15, 3/10, 3/5, etc... but I guess you could always pull a fast one and bump a guy up or back one day without totally screwing things up. Maybe it's a motivational thing too.

Comment

Vicente Padilla will undergo surgery on his right elbow on Thursday.

Comment

Brian Roberts left the Orioles' spring training complex on Wednesday in order to have an X-ray taken on his sore neck.
                        Here we go again. Roberts was sidelined for most of 2010 due to a back injury and missed the final few games of the season with concussion-like symptoms. The 33-year-old has the chance to be very valuable with an improved lineup around him, but fantasy owners simply can't count on him to stay on the field.
                        Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter Feb 23, 11:10 AM

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Brian Roberts left the Orioles' spring training complex on Wednesday in order to have an X-ray taken on his sore neck.
                          Here we go again. Roberts was sidelined for most of 2010 due to a back injury and missed the final few games of the season with concussion-like symptoms. The 33-year-old has the chance to be very valuable with an improved lineup around him, but fantasy owners simply can't count on him to stay on the field.

nic. he is just getting his injuries out of the way earlier.

Comment

Joe Mauer, age 28 Catcher, already has gotten synvisc shots to lubricate knee (artificial cartiledge). From what I understand from someone who's seen some films of the inside (not recent one's), I am actually very surprised that he has held up as well as he has so far.

Comment

per Haudricourt, Jonathan Lucroy has a broken pinkie finger

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Brian Roberts said Wednesday that he is not concerned about his stiff neck.
                                He went for precautionary X-rays on Wednesday morning after sleeping wrong on his neck. Roberts doesn't believe it is related to last year's back issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X