as an aside - since you mentioned it-

just next year - rank these pitchers - salaries about the same
    Harang
    Stauffer
    Bailey
    Minor

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I think Duda is a solid piece. If you could turn Putz/Aramis into Minor, Craig, Duda and maybe a pick, that's a pretty good return. It's not turning your team around but you're not exactly trading a $2 Hanley here either.
      I hate the first trades that were mentioned and would easliy walk.

I agree with what JC wrote above. I think Duda is solid this year.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I think Duda is a solid piece. If you could turn Putz/Aramis into Minor, Craig, Duda and maybe a pick, that's a pretty good return. It's not turning your team around but you're not exactly trading a $2 Hanley here either.
        I doubt I could get all three of those players as both owners will want Putz in return. I understand I don't have a stud keeper, but I just want something better than table scraps.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I hate the first trades that were mentioned and would easliy walk.

I agree with what JC wrote above. I think Duda is solid this year.
          Yeah, I agree. I'm thinking of asking for Posey $10B, Minor $10A and a lesser pick for Putz. Do you think that's fair? He already has Miguel Montero so he can afford to trade a catcher.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post

Harang
            Stauffer
            Bailey
            Minor
            Bailey
            Minor
            Harang
            Stauffer

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Yeah, I agree. I'm thinking of asking for Posey $10B, Minor $10A and a lesser pick for Putz. Do you think that's fair? He already has Miguel Montero so he can afford to trade a catcher.
              That's an awful lot, but I like those guys enough that I'd probably throw in Aramis to make it work, unless you really think you can get something for him on his own.

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post

Harang
              Stauffer
              Bailey
              Minor
              I'd go Stauffer, Minor, Bailey, Harang

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                I like this for you...a lot!

Comment

The latest offer...

Mike Leake $3A, Mike Minor $10A, Allen Craig $2B, Chris Marrero $10M, 1st Rd Pk 8th overall and 2nd Rd Pk 26th overall.

That is a counter to me asking for Johnny Cueto $8A, Allen Craig $2B, 1st Rd Pk 8th overall and two 2nd Rd picks.

I think my next move is swap out Cueto for Posey and see what happens.

Thoughts?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I still do not like it.

He is trying to find a way to get his marginal players traded for good ones. I would try to swap Cueto for Posey (I doubt he bites).

If that does not work I would send him an email and say in order for us to get a deal done I need Posey (or Cueto or ??). Let's start building the trade from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I still do not like it.

He is trying to find a way to get his marginal players traded for good ones. I would try to swap Cueto for Posey (I doubt he bites).

If that does not work I would send him an email and say in order for us to get a deal done I need Posey (or Cueto or ??). Let's start building the trade from there.
                      I agree, I wasn't going to accept it. I think it's better than the other offer but I agree that he's trying to trade off his low end keepers for my guys. Here was his argument for not including someone like Cueto, "The way I look at it is your values are good, but I can go to draft with the money or those players which is a gamble could work out better or worse." He's also never the most precise in his emails but I guess he's a gambling man. I'm gonna have to stand my ground and if he wants both players (Putz and Ramirez) then Cueto or Posey must be in a deal. But he's stubborn, and will probably come back to me after the draft and say he wishes he made the deal. We'll see.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Thought I'd update everyone. I wasn't able to get Posey or Cueto, the guy just wouldn't budge. But here is what I got.

For A Ramirez $25A I got: #8 overall pick, M Minor $10A, A Craig $2B, D Brown $5B (see later trade for why I took him)

For JJ Putz $22A and R Hanigan $1B I got: #3 overall pick

For C Hamels $28B, H Bell $31A and D Brown $5B I got: N Arenado $5M, C Heisey $5B and J Rollins $30A

I don't have an plans on keeping Rollins but thought I'd see if I could trade him for a pick or something. I'm pretty happy to get some draft picks and I really like Arenado.

I offered Allen and Craig to people but I haven't got any offers yet. I did say I would only trade them in the right deal as I like them and will extend each one for a year. So people probably assume I'll ask for too much.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Here's what I ended up with.

C - C Ruiz $9
                          C - Thole $4
                          1B - J Rivera $10
                          2B - Lombardozzi $4
                          SS - Rollins $26
                          3B - T Fraizer $1
                          CI - M Carpenter $4
                          MI - Drew $11
                          OF - Craig $8 (keeper)
                          OF - E Young (keeper)
                          OF - Braun $54
                          OF - Bay $14
                          OF - McLouth $1
                          UT - Pill $5

P - Minor $10 (keeper)
                          P - Chapman $10 (keeper)
                          P - Marshall $3 (keeper)
                          P - D Hernandez $3 (keeper)
                          P - Lee $35
                          P - Marcum $10
                          P - Pomeranz $10
                          P - McDonald $4
                          P - Vizcaino $6
                          P - Marmol $16

I ended up with a few guys I didn't plan on but thought they were good bargains. I have two great trade baits (Braun and Lee) and Rollins is another good trade bait. I'll also be willing to trade Marmol but it is a good deal if he can avoid injuries. Bay and Rivera are also guys that hopefully will bring me something. Though at $14 if Bay can stay healthy and produce could be a good deal. I'm just not sure how much faith I have in that.

I think I set myself up nicely for next year.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                          X