Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Top 150 Roto Prospects (with writeups!) ('Pre-BA Top 100' version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
    Curious if the A Rendon breaking his freakin ankle at all tumble your aggressive ranking of him on your new list. His challenges include coming in with an unsettling college injury history, and he is blocked at the big league level at his natural position. Ankle fracture may only be a 3 month set back, but it was enough for me to think that maybe he is a high risk play to smoothly transition to 2b.
    Thanx for your response, gcstomp.

I dropped Rendon a few slots, not that much. If there's a positive you can take from the latest injury, it's a different ankle than the one he hurt before. But I do begin to wonder how durable he'll be. I dont know if the Nats are thinking this yet, but perhaps 1B would be a less problematic position for him to play in light of his health history.

Hopefully, he'll be back in 2 months and go onward and upward from there.

Comment

Last questions for now as my final minor league draft winds down: any opinions on Brad Boxberger (some really impressive numbers in the Cincy organization, now in SD, but I haven't heard him mentioned with all the other SD minor league pitchers) or Tony Cingrani?

more generally: I need to pick three out of the following guys that I've narrowed the last couple down to, so if you have opinions on any of them that would be great. I've already asked you about Torreyes.

Matt Clark (1B/SDP)
      Ronald Torreyes (2B/CHC)
      Tyler Moore (1B/WAS)
      Vincent Belnome (MI/SDP)
      Caleb Gindl (OF/MIL)

and the two pitchers mentioned above.

- Mike
      Last edited by mjl; 04-14-2012, 02:42 PM.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        Last questions for now as my final minor league draft winds down: any opinions on Brad Boxberger (some really impressive numbers in the Cincy organization, now in SD, but I haven't heard him mentioned with all the other SD minor league pitchers) or Tony Cingrani?

more generally: I need to pick three out of the following guys that I've narrowed the last couple down to, so if you have opinions on any of them that would be great. I've already asked you about Torreyes.

Matt Clark (1B/SDP)
        Ronald Torreyes (2B/CHC)
        Tyler Moore (1B/WAS)
        Vincent Belnome (MI/SDP)
        Caleb Gindl (OF/MIL)

and the two pitchers mentioned above.

- Mike
        MJL, among the 7 guys you listed, the top 3 on my list are Torreyes, Belnome, and Boxberger in that order. Torreyes probably is a long way from MLB. Belnome is a lot closer to MLB, but altho his MiLB numbers have always looked very good I dont think I've ever heard anyone tout him as a likely MLB regular. Boxberger is a possible closer of the future, but I dont think he is the favorite for that job in SD rt now; probably that is either Cashner or Gregerson. Re: Cingrani, he's one to keep an eye on, but he's inexperienced and a lot farther down my list rt now.

Some NL guys from my Top 150 that may be available in a lot of leagues are K Sampson, R Fuentes, B Goodwin, B Nimmo, C Puello, D Santana, and D Hood. Others not quite on my list include pitchers J Ross, G Gould and D Corcino. If you're looking for a hitter, a guy w a ton of upside is E Salcedo of Atl. There's also J Pederson of LAD and J Rutledge of Col.

Comment

Working...
        X