Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a chance the Astros got a LOT better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Beans mike.

Comment

I don't know you personally like many on this site, but I've always enjoyed your insightful posts, many of which are over my head. I join inthe chorus of congrats. It's great to see talented and nice people do well.

Comment

Wow that is so awesome.

Maybe you should change your RJ name to "anonymous Astros source".

Congratulations and best of luck KS.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats! My wife was doubly impressed that someone from my "nerd website" actually got a job in the sport we obsess over constantly.

Seriously though, totally awesome. Your contributions will be missed.

Comment

My recommendation is that you don't go around introducing yourself as Kevin Seitzer. Wouldn't want to scare off the natives like B-Fly did with MaxD's mom.

Congrats and good luck. Go forward with bold abandon and don't compromise your work. Damn the man. Save the Empire!
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
              Congrats! My wife was doubly impressed that someone from my "nerd website" actually got a job in the sport we obsess over constantly.

This * 1000!!

WELL DONE MIKE!!!

Comment

I'm glad your wife was impressed. I was so thrilled I told like 10 people here at work and all I got were patronizing smiles and "wow, that's nice."
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I was only able to singlely impress your wife, but I didn't have a lot of time before my flight....
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Mike made a Not Graph's post. Congrats again.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                      Mike made a Not Graph's post. Congrats again.
                      Checking out the Astro's SB Nation Site:
                      Your best source for quality Houston Astros news, rumors, analysis, stats and scores from the fan perspective.

No main page article, but a few comments in one of the thread referencing the hire...

That’s very interesting. I don’t know if you have noticed….but I think I have referenced more Mike Fast articles in my saber-related TCB articles than anyone else. I think he is one of the best researchers out there. I find his articles to be creative and relevant to questions that interest me. (…which must be why I have referenced so many.) Congratulations to him, and hopefully this will help the Astros.
                      I love the move.
                      The Astros really are going to become the new darling of the internet community. Ha. Talk about a 180. Love the move, also.
                      I’m looking forward to doing my part to help us get more wins. I’m sure I’ll have a lot to learn, but hopefully I can bring some helpful knowledge to the team’s decisions, also.
                      Oh, wait... that last one looks familiar.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Mike, just take it one game at a time, and with the help of the good lord Jesus it should all work out alright for the team
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

and remember, if all else fails, candlesticks always make a nice gift.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              and remember, if all else fails, candlesticks always make a nice gift.
                              Did you get the whole chicken yet?

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Big shout out at Grantland: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...houston-astros

"The Astros' not-so-secret weapon in their efforts to squeeze the most out of those players is a former semiconductor engineer named Mike Fast. "

Comment

Working...
                                X