Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik View Post
    Heyman says:
    That would have been incredibly dumb to throw in all of their top level depth for one (albeit great) guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      That would have been incredibly dumb to throw in all of their top level depth for one (albeit great) guy.
      Yeah, I like this deal much much more than trading those three plus more. Plus the Yanks got a prospect as well, when was the last time they received a prospect in a deal?
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        I would have taken the package (if true). Felix is a great pitcher but with 3 years and 58 million left on his deal...he is not that cheap bargain anymore and if he doesn't get hurt...his next contract will be huge. Yep, around 20 extra million per year to add to other positions plus to get Montero, Banuelos, Betances and others...I think I'd be on board with that if I'm the M's.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          According to a link I got from Jay Jaffe, the years with the crazy cap are 2014-2016, so their real goal is to be under 190 for those years.
          Can you explain this? I just checked their contract obligations and for those years they only have ARod, Tex and CC signed and ARod's contract actually goes down a little (2014: $26M, 2015: $22M and 2016: $21M). Tex stays the same and CC goes up by $2M in 2016. Burnett will be gone, I imagine Jeter could be too and if he's around I imagine his salary will go down. Rivera sadly will probably be gone. Those three are almost $45M. Cano will be to be extended, that's $20M or so and Granderson will need a new contract too.

Just wondering, what am I missing?
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Skrappy1 View Post
            I'm crushed to see Montero go, but Pineda is a pretty good young arm, so I guess it's a fair enough deal. I don't know anything about Campos other than what I've read in the last half hour, but he sounds like a decent supplementary piece of the deal for the Yankees. The one thing I don't understand is, the Yankees have several good young arms on the way in Banuelos and Betances. They don't really have any other impact bats in the system that are close to being major league ready. It makes me wonder if Cashman has something else lined up to deal away a package including one of the Killer Bs for another young bat or something.
            But their best prospective impact bat in the system is a catcher, Gary Sanchez, with far more perceived defensive ability than Montero. And one of their most major-league ready prospects is Austin Romine, another catcher with far more perceived defensive ability than Montero. I think Montero will be way above replacement value for a catcher, but far less so as a DH. And I agree that its probably in the Yankees' best short-and-long-term interest to maintain the flexibility to rotate their veterans through the DH slot to keep them fresh. As excited as I was about Montero, to the extent he projected as an everyday DH, I think this was probably a smart move for the Yanks.

Comment

And now Campos has elbow issues - supposedly not serious....
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X