Pineda to the Yankees for Montero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pineda to the Yankees for Montero

Per Heyman. Complete details coming. Big trade!

I just saw that on rotoworld and I'm kind of stunned. I think I like it but I'm not sure.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Not a fan of the move but I understand it for both sides. Hopefully Pineda doesn't turn into a pumpkin.

Comment

If they're clearing room for Fielder...wow.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          If they're clearing room for Fielder...wow.
          You mean the Yankees are? That would be really cool. I've heard no rumors to that end. Lots of Prince to Seattle however.

Comment

Oh god how I hate this move.
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

As a Sox fan my first thought was CRAP Prince just found a home.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                Oh god how I hate this move.
                Yeah. Montero was already my favorite Yankee.

I wonder if this was Cashman or Hank.

Comment

Given the lack of ability on the Yankees to turn a pitching prospect into someone worthwhile I like the Pineda addition even though his stats will suffer in Yankee Stadium. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Comment

According to multiple reports, the Yankees have traded Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi to the Mariners for Michael Pineda and Jose Campos. Jon Heyman, Greg Johns, Larry Stone, and Jerry Crasnick all get some level of credit. My quick reaction is that it is a fair trade, but the homer in me does not like it.
                    [caption id="attachment_49088" align="aligncenter" width="575" caption="(AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)"] According to multiple reports, the Yankees have traded J

And we throw in Noesi....

Comment

Big win for the Yanks at this point. Pineda has proven that he's got the stuff to be a front line pitcher in the bigs, Montero has proven nothing at this point. While he could be a big time bat, he's still a player without a position, and now he's in a park that will do him no favors.

If this clears room for Prince, I'd be surprised...than Yanks don't lack for hitting, and I doubt that he'd want to be a full time DH.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I still can't see the Yankees doing that. With the fact they'll be paying ARod until he's 40+ seems like they need to keep the DH spot open and not sign a guy like Fielder. I can see them signing someone but would expect on a short term deal.

Comment

Wow, they just signed Kuroda, too. Their staff got exponentially better today.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                            And we throw in Noesi....
                            But get back Campos who is fairly highly regarded as well (#5 in Seattle system by Sickels)

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              Wow, they just signed Kuroda, too. Their staff got exponentially better today.
                              Now that is a move I like!

Comment

Working...
                              X