Angels get Pujols!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    For someone in the business of communicating ideas, you occasionally lack what detectives call a clue. If two different individuals, independent of each other, come to the same, wrong, conclusion, you haven't done a very good job.
    If you're saying that I overestimated the ability of a member or two of my audience to make a screamingly obvious assumption given the clear irony of the statement and its source, guilty. If you're saying that certain folks among us could somehow fail to note a large animated .gif of an '80s B-rate action hero wearing 97 pounds of gold doing a silly dance as mocking of the statement, well yes I suppose I should've surmised given past history that you in particular would apply your singular lack of humour to the situation and try to find something to be critical of. I'm sure you're a very popular person around the holidays, lol.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Who would pay an old Reyes that kind of money in 2015? Not even the Yankees are that silly.

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      I would certainly be willing to buy that Pujols and his agent decided something was, ahem, fishy with the Marlins.

The Reyes deal is heavily backloaded:

Cots: 12:$10M, 13:$10M, 14:$16M, 15:$22M, 16:$22M, 17:$22M, 18:$22M club option ($4M buyout)

Plus they would not give out a no-trade clause.

To me, that screams "we're planning to have a fire sale in 2015."

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
        I'm sure you're a very popular person around the holidays, lol.
        I'm sure he's not the only one ...

As for a dancing Mr. T - I didn't catch the reference whatsoever. I thought you might be in the soju ... ?

Now this:

I get that.

Regardless, Montero is qualified to deliver Albert's bats to the clubhouse. Someday, perhaps, he could carry one to the on deck circle. I'll credit him that.

Comment

Bob Of course the statement was absurd, many statements issued from baseball people, be they front office, or players, or news folk are absurd. Does not mean the statement was not said, and does not mean it was just friendly banter, or thinly disguised jab.

If some front office guy says something clearly moronic (this Montero thing), and I say "I hope that is tongue in cheek" because it is absurd, that is not an opening for you to mock. If a comedian (you) has to explain a joke because of how poorly you set it up, it is not funny. The online equal to the da-dum-dum drumroll at end of a joke would be a smiley face, or a "good one Cash" or any of 10,000 other ways to say it, but the obscure dancing Mr. T did not seem to me to be anythiing more than random pic of a has been (Mr. T) being a fool, to match what would be a foolish statement by Cash.

Comment

Funny show on tube now uses a catchphrase I like after a joke. Bazinga. But second prior to saying bazinga, everyone is just giving Sheldon a WTF look.

Comment

If you're saying that I overestimated the ability of a member or two of my audience to make a screamingly obvious assumption given the clear irony of the statement and its source, guilty. If you're saying that certain folks among us could somehow fail to note a large animated .gif of an '80s B-rate action hero wearing 97 pounds of gold doing a silly dance as mocking of the statement, well yes I suppose I should've surmised given past history that you in particular would apply your singular lack of humour to the situation and try to find something to be critical of. I'm sure you're a very popular person around the holidays, lol.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

^^^ The Yankees after last year's Cliff Lee negotiations.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Back to the subject at hand...a great stat I found when I was looking at Price Albert's 11 year career. He's won the ROY, 3 MVP's and only ONCE in his career has he finished lower than 5th in MVP voting. That's freakin' amazing.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    This photo is from a future hoarders episode. Papers in the bathtub, children in the toilet, there just isn't any room!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                      LA is fairly neutral. St. Louis has generally played as a pitcher's park. That's coming from memory, though, and I haven't seen the most recent data.
                      Thanks, Bodz. I have rights to Albert at $41 in a 10-team AL only. Would you keep him at that in LAA?
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Thanks, Bodz. I have rights to Albert at $41 in a 10-team AL only. Would you keep him at that in LAA?
                        - Pitchers park to a neutral park
                        - 10 team only, thus the STARS go for the most

Only two things I worry about: 1/ coming off the worst year of his career (which is a better year than 90% of mlb players) 2/ changing to a tougher league (and must learn a whole new batch of pitchers).

I keep him at $41.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          I'm not Bod, nor do I play him on TV. But I would certainly keep Pujols at that price, he's likely cost 50 dollars or more at auction.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks for taking my call, Bodz. Love your show. I will ask then hang up and listen to the answer.

Is it possible, Pujols being an exceptional cyborg type that can come back from broken wrists in 1/4th the time of mortals, etc, that Pujols will actually make the contract look like a bargain by the time it is all said and done, and he still has a couple of MVP's left inside him?

Comment

Who you call'in an '80s B-rate action hero fooo????

Comment

Originally posted by roadtrip68 View Post
                                Who you call'in an '80s B-rate action hero fooo????
                                Jesus Montero. Oh wait, sorry...
                                "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Working...
                                X