How Many Leagues Are You In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Leagues Are You In?

Just curious to know how many fantasy baseball leagues you are in.

BC

For the last 3-4 years I've scaled it back to just one. It's a 12 team AL Only, and I feel like anything more than that would spread my attention just a little too thin. I've won it two years in a row now, so I'm sure that having the extra time/focus has been a big factor in my success.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Three
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
        Three
        Ditto.

Comment

Scaling back next year--dropping my long time league, keeping one I started last year and maybe one more. 2 is enough for the time being.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Two for me and that is plenty.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Just two.

Comment

One.

And I need to add 2 more characters to that for it to be posted, the website says, so I did.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'm in five leagues, four 12-team NL-onlys (I still can't believe I won all four this year) and an 18-team mixed. I should probably drop one, but not sure which one I should.

Comment

Technically 4 but one of those I co-manage and don't do a lot with.

Comment

Five...that's down from 8-10 in my pre-kids prime

Comment

4, but two are list drafts to try new things.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

got down to one a few years ago, & am happy with that. well, mostly.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

6 this past year. Had been 5 for a couple of years.
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Two.

One 12 team AL only. One 12 team NL only.

That is plenty. I find I do not like it when I have Kemp playing for me and someone else in another league that is just ahead of me. It takes away some of the enjoyment of watching the stats.

I also find that having more teams affects and effects the way I watch real baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X