No announcement yet.

World Series: Rangers vs. Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you have to be kidding me! One strike away!

Comment

Good god, what a World Series.
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Wow. This is the best World Series I can remember from a neutral fan-of-the-game perspective. Let's see if the Cards can come back again.

Comment

If I'm Washington, Oliver is my guy in the bottom of the 10th.

Comment

unbelievable

Comment

What a great game. One for the ages.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                What a great game. One for the ages.
                Texas fans: David F'n Freese

Comment

And yet if the Rangers win Game 7, Freese is frozen out from history.

I'll say this, as a guy lucky enough to have been at Shea for the Mets' Game 7 clincher in 1986:

- As we celebrate the 25th anniversary of that moment, it is true that the combo of Angels-Red Sox, Mets-Astros, and Mets-Red Sox will likely never be topped.

- BUT I still think the last 10 sports years overall have produced more incredible moments than ever before, including tonight - Rangers fans are one strike away in two different innings, and are denied. Giants-Patriots, Federer, 59-yr-old Tom Watson leading on the last hole of the British Open, 2003-04 Sox-Yanks, 2011 Heat-Mavs, etc.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

An ugly yet amazing game

Comment

I think Freese's most important moment came when he started the double play, on Colby Lewis bunt.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

it's ironic that the man who threw more strikes than anyone else in baseball history couldn't get his team to get him one more!

Comment

Nolan Ryan wacky stats

MOST STRIKEOUTS
                          1. Nolan Ryan..........5714
                          2. Randy Johnson.....4875
                          3. Roger Clemens......4672

MOST WALKS
                          1. Nolan Ryan...........2795
                          2. Steve Carlton.......1833
                          3. Phil Niekro............1809
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I tuned into last night's game in the 8th inning and boy was that a fun end to the game. One thing is for sure, five of us who voted in the poll are going to be right.
                            18 team mixed 4x4 draft league. Champion in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

Comment

Last night was amazing. Couldn't stay up past the 8th inning. I just had feeling it was not going to happen even when I was laying in bed reading the game blog on ScoreMobile app. Feliz was wild in his last appearance so to me it looked like he was due to blow one. Now can Matt Harrison turn in a better performance than game 3 or will Chris Carpenter do better this time on 3 days rest than what he did in the division series against the Phillies.
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

This is why I love the World Series.....
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X