World Series: Rangers vs. Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series: Rangers vs. Cardinals

the defending AL Champs try to win their 1st championship, while the Cardinals are still alive after squeaking in on the final day of the year.

Who you got?
    Rangers sweep
    0%
    Rangers in 5
    0%
    Rangers in 6
    0%
    Rangers in 7
    0%
    Cardinals sweep
    0%
    Cardinals in 5
    0%
    Cardinals in 6
    0%
    Cardinals in 7
    0%

The poll is expired.

This seems like a really even match-up to me. Both teams have very good offenses. Both have some good but not great starters. Both have very good bullpen options for 3+ innings. I hope it's a great Series.

(And go Rangers!)

Comment

Rangers bats are downright scary. Their 3 thru 6 are all run producers historically while Freese has done this out of nowhere. More faith in Rangers' thunder.

Comment

I've counted the Cards out of the playoffs, out vs. Philly and doubtful vs. Milwaukee. I don't see them holding the Rangers bats down so I picked Texas. Hope I'm not wrong again.

Comment

First 11 votes are all for TEX. STL has done this before, where they didn't even belong in the playoffs and they won it all. But I still think the way the Rangers are rolling, they should be tough to stop.

Comment

I got burned on predicting a Rangers sweep before. I put 5 games. I love that the Cardinals pulled together a Pennant without their best pitcher, but they are not the Giants. I do not see the Cards holding the Rangers in check.

It is interesting to see two teams so dependant on the depth of their bullpens both make the finals.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I went with Rangers in 7 in a series that will not be short on slugfests.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

To all you historians, what is the highest total runs per game in WS history?

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

1932 Yankees-Cubs 14.0

1993 Blue Jays-Phillies 13.5
                  1960 Pirates-Yankees 11.7 (mostly Yankees, who lost)
                  1997 Marlins-Indians 11.6
                  1989 A's-Giants 11.5
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I guess it is moot now. Back to back pitcher's duels. Who'da thunk?

I dont know what was best about the steal last night--Kinsler's break, Andrus' decision to pull the bat back, or Molina's throw. Top level all the way around.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I said pre-series that Rangers win in 6 and Andrus is the MVP. I'm still confident in both picks as Andrus has been amazing in the field

Comment

Man, Pujols crushed that.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

17 runs scored in the last 2 1/2 innings, that seems like a lot.

War of attrition re pitching is underway, especially if the Series gets to 2-2. Somebody's young arm might get ground up here....
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'd say the Rangers are pretty lucky right now. If they don't get to Motte in the 9th in Game 2, this Series would be all but over. As it is, I think it's still a toss-up.

I've been a Cards fan since I was a little kid, but I really didn't think they'd have a chance against Texas this year. Of course, I forgot they had Albert Pujols.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X