0%
    Tigers in 3
    0%
    Tigers in 4
    0%
    Tigers in 5
    0%

The poll is expired.

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Originally posted by Grinch
    WHo will win NY/Det?
    This has been up for two hours and nobody has quoted Bob's "hard to envision" speech from a couple of years ago. For shame, people. For shame.

Comment

Close. I am a bit surprised.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Can anyone tell me what possible situation in a 5 game series would allow Joe Girardi to bring AJ Burnett out of the bullpen? Does anyone really expect to see the need in this series for a guy to put in empty innings in a 14-5 blowout either way? Hard to believe they're carrying that POS on the ALDS roster.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
          Can anyone tell me what possible situation in a 5 game series would allow Joe Girardi to bring AJ Burnett out of the bullpen? Does anyone really expect to see the need in this series for a guy to put in empty innings in a 14-5 blowout either way? Hard to believe they're carrying that POS on the ALDS roster.
          we had a great commercial up here when he was with the Jays where he runs out on the street & throws a garbage bag in a garbage truck ... kind of appropriate now ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Let me guess... he misses the truck's opening, smashes garbage all over the side of it and then says he thinks he performed well enought o handle nuclear waste transfers before kicking a dog.
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
              Let me guess... he misses the truck's opening, smashes garbage all over the side of it and then says he thinks he performed well enought o handle nuclear waste transfers before kicking a dog.
              I am against the 'early out' and 'no trade' clause but damn if this didn't work out great for the blue jays!

Comment

Burnett will probably start game 4. He's just as likely to throw a 3-hit shutout as he is to give up 8 runs in 2/3 of an inning.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

well this rain delay certainly wreaked havoc on both teams. Verlander, who's on one of those "hot goalie" streaks, now gets bumped to just one start, OTOH, the Yanks lose their only real ace and now may have to go with Burnett at some point.

Still the Yanks get the edge here not having to face Verlander twice now. Lucky bastages!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    well this rain delay certainly wreaked havoc on both teams. Verlander, who's on one of those "hot goalie" streaks, now gets bumped to just one start, OTOH, the Yanks lose their only real ace and now may have to go with Burnett at some point.

Still the Yanks get the edge here not having to face Verlander twice now. Lucky bastages!
                    I think there's no doubt AJ gets a start now. the real question is if CC goes twice or not. and despite that I still feel like missing out on two Verlander starts is a win for the Yanks.

Comment

CC is lobbying for the Sunday start. I think it'd be pretty boss of him if he could do it and do it well, and then also come back on short rest for the final game.

And I agree with revo in that this is a win for the Yanks in that they only have to face Verlander once. It's also crappy for the fans because seeing Verlander twice against the Yanks was exactly what we all (non-Yankee fans) wanted. Boo rain!

Comment

Damn, Girardi just ruled out Sabathia for Sunday. I guess I understand why, but if there's any one pitcher I'd listen to when he says he could do something on short rest, it'd be Sabathia. The big man seems to know his body and arm as well as anyone could.

Comment

Robby Cano is a reasonably talented young man. I wasn't sure that one was coming back down...ever.

Comment

I want to see the strike zone chart for game 3. Though maybe I don't.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

there is no joy in mudville, captain intangibles has struck out. :jackson:
                              ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Working...
                              X