Poll: ALDS - Rangers/Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Strike zone tonight pretty much sucked and Shields has to have the lower part of the zone to be successful. That, and it would help if Kerwin Danley knew the difference between a fair and foul ball.

Seriously.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post

Seriously.
      Doesn't this graph show Texas got screwed by the zone? Looks like more outside the zone calls as strikes for TB, as well as 8 balls called inside the zone (what's with that one dead center?) to TB's 2.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Doesn't this graph show Texas got screwed by the zone? Looks like more outside the zone calls as strikes for TB, as well as 8 balls called inside the zone (what's with that one dead center?) to TB's 2.
        Here's Holland's zone

Comment

To me it just shows that the bottom 15% was out of play which Jason was saying affects Shields. Inconsistently wrong strike zone.

Comment

I had the same thoughts.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

winner winner chicken dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                I am going with a Ranger sweep. The Rays have some good qualities, but I wonder if they shot their wad getting here.

J
                A bit optomistic, but there it is.

I like the Rangers for the WS again.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Rays score more runs
                  Rays hit more home runs

Rays lose because Shields, Price, and Hellickson can't get a win. Yea, just as everyone scripted it.

Rays scored 87 runs more on the road this season than at home and the nation saw why these last two games. And they wonder why nobody comes to games.....people hate pitching duels.

Stu wasn't happy afterwards either:

Get more than the score on the Bucs, Rays, Rowdies, USF, FSU, UF and more - from a source you can trust.

After the Rays' season-ending loss to the Rangers in ALDS Game 4, frustrated Tampa Bay owner Stuart Sternberg described the franchise's business model as "untenable" going forward.

Comment

As someone in Boston said today, thankfully the Rays are a footnote to the Red Sox collapse. Now, if the Tigers can beat NYY there will be even less of a storyline. We have enough to deal with to not have to pile on division rivals racing towards championships.

Comment

As someone in Boston said today, thankfully the Rays are a footnote to the Red Sox collapse. Now, if the Tigers can beat NYY there will be even less of a storyline. We have enough to deal with to not have to pile on division rivals racing towards championships.
                      Yea, it's been a tough decade for Boston.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Yea, it's been a tough decade for Boston.

I wasn't talking about the decade?

Comment

I wasn't talking about the decade?
                          Maybe I misunderstood when you wrote 'we have enough to deal with' but it sounded like whining when your sports teams have collectively enjoyed more success this century than anywhere else in the country.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Maybe I misunderstood when you wrote 'we have enough to deal with' but it sounded like whining when your sports teams have collectively enjoyed more success this century than anywhere else in the country.
                            Welcome to Red Sox Nation. They tend to lack perspective.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Whatever perspective that is and whatever you think of it is fine. I don't want more added on to the offseason after the Sox choked and collapsed. That's enough in itself.

Bucky you are the proverbial "I live in or used to live in Boston and GAWD I can't stand these fans they just whine all the time" Yankees fan so I don't pay much attention to your commentary but I will say the team you root for has won 27 rings so you can say whatever you want to us. The point I was making is that the media in Boston are vultures and the loss is pounded into our heads every day. The less stuff that gets piled on (like Tampa Bay and NYY losing in 2011) the better for me. If not, I get to listen to stupid Yankees fans blab all day about their new achievements to add on to their old ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X