0%
    Rays in 3
    0%
    Rays in 4
    0%
    Rays in 5
    0%

The poll is expired.

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Matt Moore starting game 1 !!

Comment

I will be on ESPN Dallas radio (103.3 FM) this morning at 10:15 ET to talk with Ben and Skin about the series

http://espn.go.com/dallas/radio/show?showId=benandskin to tune in online

Comment

I am going with a Ranger sweep. The Rays have some good qualities, but I wonder if they shot their wad getting here.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Question: How is Moore eligible for the post season roster? I thought you had to be called up before Sept 1. From what I can tell he was called up mid Sept.

Obviously it's legit, I'm just wondering.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            Question: How is Moore eligible for the post season roster? I thought you had to be called up before Sept 1. From what I can tell he was called up mid Sept.

only a guess but he is probably replacing an 'injured' player

Comment

It is curious ... I just checked & the last time the Rays put a player on the DL was Aug. 10 (Ruggiano).

edit: okay, here's the scoop ...

The Rays are able to add rookie LHP Matt Moore even though he wasn't called up until after the Aug. 31 postseason eligibility deadline because RHP Alex Cobb is on the DL, and Moore "replaces" him.
              http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseb...roster/1194476
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

It's the K-Rod rule.....baseball needs to change it because it really is a garbage loophole. It's how they got Price in for 2008 and Jennings in for 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  It's the K-Rod rule.....baseball needs to change it because it really is a garbage loophole. It's how they got Price in for 2008 and Jennings in for 2010
                  It's how the Yanks have Montero too right? Though I suspect the Yanks would have been fine with calling him up August 31. It is a bad loophole. But in reality, why is the rule needed? Perhaps they can change it to say that the player needs to be in your organization by August 31. Meaning you can't trade for someone in September and use him on your roster. That is really what the rule is trying to avoid I would assume.

If you have a prospect in the minors that you think will help you in the post season why does it matter when he's called up?
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

It's how the Yanks have Montero too right? Though I suspect the Yanks would have been fine with calling him up August 31. It is a bad loophole. But in reality, why is the rule needed? Perhaps they can change it to say that the player needs to be in your organization by August 31. Meaning you can't trade for someone in September and use him on your roster. That is really what the rule is trying to avoid I would assume.

If you have a prospect in the minors that you think will help you in the post season why does it matter when he's called up?
                    Yep - they'll use Colin Curtis for that. The only stipulation has to be hitter for hitter, pitcher for pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      The only stipulation has to be hitter for hitter, pitcher for pitcher.
                      Even that part of the rule is not enforced these days. Pretty much anyone who was in the organization on August 31 can be added to the playoff roster with the DL-loophole.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        I am going with a Ranger sweep. The Rays have some good qualities, but I wonder if they shot their wad getting here.

J
                        I think the Rays are a team of destiny and expect them to be in the show. That may be where they run out of gas.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
                          So much for that. Might be the other way around.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

It pretty much fits with everything else the last month.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Strike zone tonight pretty much sucked and Shields has to have the lower part of the zone to be successful. That, and it would help if Kerwin Danley knew the difference between a fair and foul ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X