Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
    This was my best season ever in fantasy baseball:

I Won League 1: 12-team NL-only. It's a very old league. This title will be my 7th (in 9 years) and gives me the most titles of any owner. Jude Baldo is also in this league.
    I Won League 2: 12-team NL-only, ultra. This is my money league. I'll clear just under 10k in this one alone. I've won once before, but this marks nine straight years of money finishes. It came down to the last day. Ryan Braun's SB (my lone one for the day) preserved my lead.
    I Won League 3: 12-team NL-only. This is the NL Icestorm league, a semi-experts league populated with sportswriters and such. I was defending champion and now have a repeat, with five years of money finishes in a row. Won by 12 points.
    I Won League 4: 12-team NL-only. This is my first year in this league, the one Fresno Bob mentions above. I was totally planning on a rebuilding year, but I had a cheap Justin Upton and Clayton Kershaw and drafted well enough to win it as a rookie.
    I Took 7th: 18-team mixed. This is my second year in the RJEL. I hung around 5th place for most of the season, but really slid in the final weeks. I traded off some real talent (Miguel Montero, among others) in a vain effort to get into the money, and so I'm probably looking at a similar finish next year.
    Damn, remind me to never play in an NL league with you

Comment

After a three year drought, I won both my leagues this year - one's a 12-team AL+Brewers, Cubs, and Cards league and the other's a fun 10-12 team mixed (10 team this year).
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Completed a three-peat (pete? peet? Bueller?) in one of my H2H leagues, barely squeaking into the playoffs as the sixth seed. Won another H2H title in a pretty offensively imbalanced league, starting at the fifth place position. Failed in a three-peat in my NL-Only. And somehow made the playoffs (thank you, Dan Uggla!) after being in last place most of the year (thank you, Dan Uggla!) in my hometown league.

Comment

oh, i also won my snake draft mixed league, but that hardly seems like an accomplishment after drafting an outfield of braun/ellsbury/granderson. 2-0 this year, though, in league championships.
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

I finally won my 18 team H2H league and my wife finished 3rd in her 12 team mixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
              Yeah, I guess we've only been in mixed leagues together, the JWRL and now the RJEL. I'm definitely a different owner in those. There is something about the AL that just escapes me.

Comment

1st place by 1/2 a point. This was the 20th year for my main league - AL only

First place switched back and forth between me and the 2nd place owner 7 times in the last ten days. It came down to him having 4 starters going on Wednesday night, (Chen, Simon, Harrison, Porcello)and needing one win to hold his points in wins. The owner behind him had Pavano and needed to gain one to tie. I needed 0/4 and 1/1 and got both.

Comment

Won BuckyBuckner's CGRL league (BigJonEmpire is also in the league)...was hanging around the top 3 the last month but never led the league until the last two days of the season.

3rd/13 in longtime NL only (led the whole way til Red Soxed it in Sept due to injuries and trade deadline losses)
                  6th/18tm RJEL
                  7th/12 in longtime AL only
                  Last edited by SeaDogStat; 09-30-2011, 11:38 AM.
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                    dude, I brought him into my league! For what it is worth, two of the league doormats/ATMs also finished in the money, so we are just writing this year off as an aberation.....
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                      Won BuckyBuckner's CGRL league (BigJonEmpire is also in the league)...was hanging around the top 3 the last month but never led the league until the last two days of the season.

3rd/13 in longtime NL only (led the whole way til Red Soxed it in Sept due to injuries and trade deadline losses)
                      6th/18tm RJEL
                      7th/12 in longtime AL only
                      Go f*ck yourself
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                        Yeah, I guess we've only been in mixed leagues together, the JWRL and now the RJEL. I'm definitely a different owner in those. There is something about the AL that just escapes me.
                        Well Frae has an NL league a bunch of us are in that is pretty competitive and can always used good new owners. Always like playing against the best which is why I'm so happy about the RJEL hardware.

Comment

I won my H2H league this year. 12-team mixed. Went 15-5 in the regular season and won the "World Series" by a slim margin. Came down to the final day. Finished 6th or 7th in my money league.
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Congrats to all you Champions!

Finished 2nd in my AL only league. 4th in my NL only league. Lost 3rd by a point (had 3 different ways to get one but failed) on the last day.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              Go f*ck yourself

Best.Post.Evah!

I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                                Best.Post.Evah!

About time you responded. I'm sure people were thinking, "that's not cool" not knowing I'm messing around with you. I still can't believe I didn't win. At least I won the Three Year Race. I also won another league but it's an easy league with people who don't know what they are doing. In the five years I've been in the league I've won three times and finished second twice. I don't know why they keep inviting me back.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X