Champions check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions check-in

After blowing a 20-pt lead at the all-star break, my team (12-team mixed) caught fire the final two weeks and I held off my younger brother 96-90. This means I get to pick the locale of next year's auction and it will be in Austin during SXSW.

WOOOHOOOOOOOOO
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I won my 10 team AL only league by 10 points. I now have back to back titles.
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

I won my 16 team mixed points league for the first time in 8 years after several very close calls. Coming close and failing a few times makes this one much sweeter. I took no chances this year and built the best team I think our league has ever seen. It cost me a lot of future value, but it feels great! Flags Fly Forever!
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-29-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I won my 10 team mixed league by 15 points and it was never close. Wire to wire and I was up 26 points at one point. Thanks to all on the site for the expertise and advice throughout the season...

Comment

Won Revos 17 team mixed by .0003 in Batting Average. 1 stinkin point for the crown!
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Won my head-to-head league on a last minute surge yesterday. Although I had been putting up big numbers in the weeks leading up to the final, I was down by a good amount of points, so I picked up several starters who were going to pitch Wednesday night, including Strasburg. Gave me a nice 50-point boost from the three I got to give me enough points to secure first place.

In another head-to-head league (but not a points-based one), I won third place - which isn't bad considering I had no business even making the playoffs with that team.

Comment

I won my 8 team NL only league. I believe the season ended Sunday because I was awarded a Yahoo! trophy. The 2nd place team caught me last night but I think it's moot. I autodrafted and had great pitching despite having Johnson so I can't take much credit.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I dominated my 12 team AL only league this season, finishing 40+ HR, 100+ RBI, 90+ Runs, 15+ BA pts ahead of 2nd in those categories despite making no additions through trade. The team I drafted just overperformed in every aspect.

This is my 2nd straight title in the league. I also pretty much locked up the 3 year pot as well, up 50 pts going into the final year.

I need to send out some thank you letters, mainly to Mike Napoli and Doug Fister.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

congrats all ... my guys ended middle of the pack ... next year ...
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

The Dane won our 12 team NL league, I finished in 10th....
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      The Dane won our 12 team NL league, I finished in 10th....
                      This was my best season ever in fantasy baseball:

I Won League 1: 12-team NL-only. It's a very old league. This title will be my 7th (in 9 years) and gives me the most titles of any owner. Jude Baldo is also in this league.
                      I Won League 2: 12-team NL-only, ultra. This is my money league. I'll clear just under 10k in this one alone. I've won once before, but this marks nine straight years of money finishes. It came down to the last day. Ryan Braun's SB (my lone one for the day) preserved my lead.
                      I Won League 3: 12-team NL-only. This is the NL Icestorm league, a semi-experts league populated with sportswriters and such. I was defending champion and now have a repeat, with five years of money finishes in a row. Won by 12 points.
                      I Won League 4: 12-team NL-only. This is my first year in this league, the one Fresno Bob mentions above. I was totally planning on a rebuilding year, but I had a cheap Justin Upton and Clayton Kershaw and drafted well enough to win it as a rookie.
                      I Took 7th: 18-team mixed. This is my second year in the RJEL. I hung around 5th place for most of the season, but really slid in the final weeks. I traded off some real talent (Miguel Montero, among others) in a vain effort to get into the money, and so I'm probably looking at a similar finish next year.

Comment

Won both leagues I was in this year, both NL only. Had 55 out of 55 pitching in the league w/ $30 Kershaw/ $42 Halladay/ $17 Gallardo/ $1 Karstens /$1 Bailey/ $1 Hanrahan/ $3 Madson/$1 D Hernandez/$7 Motte.

Had 58/70 (punted saves) in the other with Bastardo/Greinke/Capuano/Collmenter/D Hudson/Latos/Luebke/Vogelsong/Venters (and a crippled Josh Johnson and Johan). Best year I've ever had.

Comment

I won the 3 year title in the 12TO league by getting 2nd place this year. I would have loved to have won this year to win my 4th title in 5 years, but 2nd place and a 3 year crown is pretty cool.

Comment

won my 4th title since '99 in a 15 year old league.

10 team AL-only keeper 4x4 - finished with 70pts.

largest margin of victory in league history (+15pts)
                            largest margin of HR in league history (+49hr) (14.4% of league total HR!)
                            largest margin of RBI in league history (+145rbi)

1st place since WK4. after WK11, margin over 2nd place between 14pts and 23pts.

have you ever had a year go SO smoothly, you didnt want to talk about it til it was over?
                            or had a year when you were winning by such a margin that other teams could dump to YOU?
                            i love it when a plan comes together!

thank you draft day acquisitions: ellsbury/pedroia/kinsler/shields/farnsworth!
                            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Won 2 leagues this year - first wins in quite some time:
                              1. RJEL - 18-team mixed by a smaller margin than the final score indicates (+5 in standings)
                              2. 12-team mixed H2H - league of mostly guppies imo but you know what they say about a fool and his money (take home ~$700)

I came in 2nd to Frae in the 3 year pot in 12TO so all in all a very good year. Plus, I return a very strong set of keepers in RJEL so already looking forward to my title defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X