Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dissapointed in what your team did Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Not sure I agree. Lee and Ludwick are solid upgrades over Jones and Overbay. This is a surprise season for them and I dont think they have the chips yet on the farm level to make a huge splash. I like what they did for the stretch run. It may not be enough but theyre playing with house money.
    It's definitely not enough. Lee has been heating up and could be an improvement over Lyle... his glove is definitely better. If you look at their season splits, Lee vR and Overbay vR are pretty similar. Lee has a better glove and is much better against lefties. And he has had some good 2nd halves in the past. So this one is a win.

Ludwick, on the other hand, is trending down a bit, and has a similar splits issue - if you look at Ludwick vR and Jones vR, Ludwick isn't better. And Ludwick doesn't have better defensive numbers than Jones, but I will concede that he's probably better out there. So there are 60 games left, the Pirates will now match up a lot better in their 8-9 games against lefties, but for the rest of it, I'm not sure.

I agree that making a big splash would have been a mistake. I think they made the right moves. Maybe they get lucky and 1 of these 2 guys goes off. But I think they'll regret not getting a pitcher, at the very least a reliever.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Can we post here if we like what our team did? I love how the Jays got another reclamation project, namely a young OF with pop, for replaceable parts.
      agreed, tho I wonder how the ABs will be spread around with Snider, Rasmus, Thames, Davis, and soon Bautista all in the OF (assuming that Lawrie is coming up soon which I think has to be done); esp. with EE filling the DH spot, I was expecting to see one of the OFers moved ... but in AA we trust ...

I also was shocked to the Yankees more or less stay put ... first year I can remember that happened in a long time ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Indians did well getting Ubalbo. I'm surprises that the Sox and Yankees didn't land him. He is only 27 and has contract through 14. In fact I'm surprised the Rockies dealt him.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          Indians did well getting Ubalbo. I'm surprises that the Sox and Yankees didn't land him. He is only 27 and has contract through 14. In fact I'm surprised the Rockies dealt him.
          I heard yesterday that the Yankees and Sawx wanted to give him a full physical as part of any deal, and the Rockies refused. That's a red flag if it's true. The story also said that O'Dowd and the Indians have a good relationship and so O'Dowd's word was good enough for the Tribe.

Even if the first half of 2010 is a bit of a mirage, if Ubaldo really is a 3.60ish FIP/xFIP talent, under team control through 2013 at a good price, that's still an asset for the Indians. Though maybe not one worth giving up Pomeranz and White for.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I heard yesterday that the Yankees and Sawx wanted to give him a full physical as part of any deal, and the Rockies refused. That's a red flag if it's true. The story also said that O'Dowd and the Indians have a good relationship and so O'Dowd's word was good enough for the Tribe.

Even if the first half of 2010 is a bit of a mirage, if Ubaldo really is a 3.60ish FIP/xFIP talent, under team control through 2013 at a good price, that's still an asset for the Indians. Though maybe not one worth giving up Pomeranz and White for.
            If that is true it would make more sense. It it isn't true then O'dowd may not have a good relationship after this with the Tribes. I was looking at him overall rather than 1st half of last season and thinking that very decent starter with a contract that any team could live with.

Comment

Why hold onto Ramon Hernandez? The Reds are under .500 and Ramon had a little trade value yet he is held onto so they can get nothing for him by years end. They have logjams at a lot of different positions. I trust Jocketty and I know theyre between a rock and a hard place in terms of standings but man its frustrating.
              Looking at the Louisville stats, it seems to me that they've promoted all their offensive AAA prospects except Mesoraco. There's little speed or power left there. I agree that they should have dealt Hernandez last month, perhaps to the Giants; OTOH he still could go in a waiver deal. For whatever reason, they won't move on.

If they lose today, it will be a 1-5 road trip against the two teams below them in the division. Perhaps that will convince the Reds that this isn't their year.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                Looking at the Louisville stats, it seems to me that they've promoted all their offensive AAA prospects except Mesoraco. There's little speed or power left there. I agree that they should have dealt Hernandez last month, perhaps to the Giants; OTOH he still could go in a waiver deal. For whatever reason, they won't move on.

If they lose today, it will be a 1-5 road trip against the two teams below them in the division. Perhaps that will convince the Reds that this isn't their year.
                Ive been convinced its not their year for a month now. There's no stopper on that staff, 3B and LF has been a hole all year and Stubbs needs to hit 6 or 7 and not lead off.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Ive been convinced its not their year for a month now. There's no stopper on that staff, 3B and LF has been a hole all year and Stubbs needs to hit 6 or 7 and not lead off.
                  Except for the most diehard and/or deluded and/or stupid fans, everyone except Castellini (the owner), Jocketty, and Baker realized it around the All-Star break. For Reds fans, the problem going forward is that those three are the only ones with votes on the matter.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Fielders playing pinball with each other on pop flies and getting sprained ankles doesn't help either.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                    X