Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dissapointed in what your team did Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissapointed in what your team did Thread...

Typical Twins...decide that they have a soare part in Span, and can't deal him. This despite there being a huge shortage of quality OFers in the majors, and Span being under control for a few more years.

Now they have Span, who they don't like very much, and Revere, who they love. Add in Cuddyer, Kubel, Young, and a dash of Ploofle and you have the recipe for a mess. Yuck...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

The Padres, they've done nothing all season...........
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      The Padres, they've done nothing all season...........
      I thought they did very well in getting both Erlin and Wieland for Adams. Obviously, they should have made more deals, but holdingon to Bell to get the comp picks might have been the best move they had given what teams were willing to give for Bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I thought they did very well in getting both Erlin and Wieland for Adams. Obviously, they should have made more deals, but holdingon to Bell to get the comp picks might have been the best move they had given what teams were willing to give for Bell.
        I know I was recounting their season failures. They've done well in their trades lately, they needed to move qualls as well, but I agree-- i like Bell and even on a ****ty team, you need a fan favorite and Bell is that.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Leave it to the Dodgers (or, more accurately, Ned Colletti) to trade away a quality prospect for a bunch of crap in a year where they're not contending. McCourt needs to sell the team ASAP and the new owner needs to show Colletti the door.

Comment

Can we post here if we like what our team did? I love how the Jays got another reclamation project, namely a young OF with pop, for replaceable parts.

I'm officially jumping on the Pirates bandwagon for the rest of the season. I bought a really cool Pirates hat about 10 years ago. There were 4 in the series: Yankees, Tigers, Orioles and Pirates. They were blue with the stars and stripes 'filling' the logo. Yanks (NY) and Tigers (D) were boring but the Oriole had the stars for the body and the stripes for the breast. The pirate has a stars and stripes bandana which I thought was the coolest. I also got a car magnet for $0.50 today. I saw a few Pirates hats around town the past few days which I find interesting.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Friggin Reds.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Typical Twins...decide that they have a soare part in Span, and can't deal him. This despite there being a huge shortage of quality OFers in the majors, and Span being under control for a few more years.

Now they have Span, who they don't like very much, and Revere, who they love. Add in Cuddyer, Kubel, Young, and a dash of Ploofle and you have the recipe for a mess. Yuck...
                From CBS: Minnesota, only six games behind Detroit in the AL Central after being 20 games under .500 on June 1, tried like crazy to add bullpen help but couldn't do it. The Twins were adamant that they weren't going into sell mode, so they kept Michael Cuddyer, Jason Kubel and Delmon Young. The Nationals took a hard run at Denard Span, according to sources, but would not include closer Drew Storen in what the Twins deemed a satisfactory return package.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

If they thought they could really get Storen for Span, they are clueless.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    If they thought they could really get Storen for Span, they are clueless.
                    Well, Bill Smith is giving Ed Wade a run for his money...clueless is as clueless does.

I just wish that they'd take a realistic look at their team, and come to the conclusion that most other sane people have: Even if they somehow make the playoffs in that putrid division, they're one and done. Build for next season and beyond...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

The Cubs continue to make me sad at every level.

Comment

Why hold onto Ramon Hernandez? The Reds are under .500 and Ramon had a little trade value yet he is held onto so they can get nothing for him by years end. They have logjams at a lot of different positions. I trust Jocketty and I know theyre between a rock and a hard place in terms of standings but man its frustrating.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I don't know WTF the Yankees are doing. I can understand not wanting to trade the farm for Ubaldo, but refusing to put any of Banuelos, Betances, Nova and Montero into any deal seems a little too stubborn to me. The problem that they're going to face is that there are teams ahead of them in the waiver order that will steal anyone they want. Last year they just sat back and paid cash for Berkman and Wood. I'm not sure that will happen this year. I am honestly not sure what they should have done, but nothing seems like the wrong answer.

The Pirates did exactly what I expected them to do - pretended to do something but didn't really do much more than roll the dice on a couple of veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Well, Bill Smith is giving Ed Wade a run for his money...clueless is as clueless does.

I just wish that they'd take a realistic look at their team, and come to the conclusion that most other sane people have: Even if they somehow make the playoffs in that putrid division, they're one and done. Build for next season and beyond...
                            Totally agree. I wish the Twin would have been aggressive one way or the other. The Tigers and Indians both improved their teams while the Twins did nothing. If I were Smith I would have tried to make an addition early Sunday and not being able to do that went into sell mode. Too many parts that teams would have been happy to get.

Now, we will see Kubel and Cuddyer, most likely, leave at the end of the season and get nothing in return.

Seems to me Bill Smith has the same problem Terry Ryan had. He does not like to get rid of his guys.
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

The Pirates did exactly what I expected them to do - pretended to do something but didn't really do much more than roll the dice on a couple of veterans.
                              Not sure I agree. Lee and Ludwick are solid upgrades over Jones and Overbay. This is a surprise season for them and I dont think they have the chips yet on the farm level to make a huge splash. I like what they did for the stretch run. It may not be enough but theyre playing with house money.

Comment

Working...
                              X