X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-Rod traded to Milwaukee per Jon Heyman

Can't be to close....hello Bobby Parnell

ESPN confirmed.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

awesome!
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Exciting, interesting, weird, not sure I understand, but very cool. Not sure what this means to Axman (but I see him closing still!) but it certainly shores up a weakening back end of the pen. I am not as familiar with K Rod's abilities these as I probably should be but I think this is a good move. Details of trade are a little scketchy as it appears its two players to be named, with Mets also sending cash. Gamel?

My son just said maybe they'll trade him with Yuni to get a Major League caliber SS! Just one wild therory.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Free Bobby Parnell!!!

Comment

I heard Alderson just faxed a copy of his middle finger to Scott Boras' agency. Boras had no comment.

Comment

I would be amazed if the Brewers think that K-Rod is willing to set up for Axford, and will bet the opposite.

Full disclosure, I recently acquired K-Rod 25 and Parnell 10.

Rotoworld:

John Axford has a 1.29 ERA since May 22.
              He didn't give up a run between May 22-July 3 but allowed three runs over his last four appearances before the All-Star break. Axford hasn't blown a save since April 18. The Ax Man finished the first half with 23 saves, a 2.83 ERA, a 1.35 WHIP and a 53/17 K/BB ratio in 41 1/3 innings. Jul. 12 - 3:34 pm et

Ok, so Axford has been great all year, but recently he's slipped a little.
              K-Rod hired Scott Boras last week (literally), and now he's going from NY to MIL (love MIL on my visits, great town, but), and K-Rod agrees to set up for Axford?

So the Brewers closer has slipped a little, and the team is tied for 1st place, so they figured it would make sense to gamble that a new Boras client with a prima donna background will just shrug and do grunt duty while traded to middle America in a walk year, hoping that scouts will notice his yeoman duty in Milwaukee?

Let's see..
              Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-12-2011, 11:33 PM.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by bernie
                Not sure what this means to Axman (but I see him closing still!) but it certainly shores up a weakening back end of the pen.
                Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                I would be amazed if the Brewers think that K-Rod is willing to set up for Axford, and will bet the opposite.
                theres no way the Brewers want to pay 17.5 mil for krod next year. Its set up or nothing for him.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

Full disclosure, I recently acquired K-Rod 25 and Parnell 10.
                  I would be more amazed if the Brewers plan to pay a closer $17.5M.
                  Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                    I would be more amazed if the Brewers plan to pay a closer $17.5M.
                    Ditto. Unless the Brewers just won the Milwaukee State Lottery, I don't see any way in hell they let K-Rod close and allow the $17.5 million option to kick in. That would be chaotically dumb on their behalf. As cardboardbox said, it's basically set-up or bust for Rodriguez at this point.

Comment

I too am not certain that K-Rod is the set-up man here. Here is an article explaining that the Brewers don't really know either: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/brewers.html

I realize that the Brewers are highly unlikely to pick up his 17.5 million dollar option, but with Prince a FA after this year and Greinke and Marcum FA after 2012, this may be all or nothing for them, and if it's K-Rod who gives them the best shot to win come the 9th inning, so be it.

Comment

I think the Mets send the Brewers money that splits the difference.

No one would pay K-Rod $17.5 M, but lots would pay what, $7.5 M?

I wonder if this will go down to the wire.

But I can't believe that K-Rod/Boras are cool with no SV opps, no option exercised, and a trade. There is more beneath the surface here.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
                          I too am not certain that K-Rod is the set-up man here. Here is an article explaining that the Brewers don't really know either: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/brewers.html

I realize that the Brewers are highly unlikely to pick up his 17.5 million dollar option, but with Prince a FA after this year and Greinke and Marcum FA after 2012, this may be all or nothing for them, and if it's K-Rod who gives them the best shot to win come the 9th inning, so be it.
                          In spite of the fact that this is breaking news and there are many unanswered questions, I am almost certain that the Brewers will not pick up his option. The buy out is like $3.5 million. This is a classic all in move.
                          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                            Exciting, interesting, weird, not sure I understand, but very cool. Not sure what this means to Axman (but I see him closing still!) but it certainly shores up a weakening back end of the pen. I am not as familiar with K Rod's abilities these as I probably should be but I think this is a good move. Details of trade are a little scketchy as it appears its two players to be named, with Mets also sending cash. Gamel?

My son just said maybe they'll trade him with Yuni to get a Major League caliber SS! Just one wild therory.
                            Maybe they just wanted to butter the Mets up for a Reyes deal down the line

Comment

Buster Onley doesn't think the Brewers gave up much in terms of prospects... so I'm guessing he also thinks the Mets aren't picking up much of the remaining salary. Maybe just next year's buyout like the Royals did with YunE6.

Comment

Working...
                              X