No announcement yet.

No Regerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did I miss this thread? My life is one long string of regerts.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      So you'd say that you regert missing it for so long?

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        i knew you put me on the ignore list.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          i knew you put me on the ignore list.
          not that i blame you, ha ha
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Like a bad tattoo we have all already made some mistakes this year. Here are mine...what do you have ?

1) Keeping Alex Wood instead of T Rogers....might not be that bad if Wood continues to pitch well.
            2) Trading Hunter Greene...I think I will regret this one
            3) Drafting deGrom, too risky, hope he comes back in May/June/Ever
            4) Not going the extra FAAB dollar on Munoz and J Duran - 4a - keeping AJ Puk instead of Duran as a rookie

I've probably got more...those are the ones i can think of. So many decisions to be made some are good and some not so good.
            I have no regerts this year, feel free to share yours though
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't regert buying into the Philly day-care. Stott, Marsh and Bohm have been great! I regert almost everything else I did.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I guess I should have kept Alexis Diaz instead of Joey Menesis.

I was thinking go with the 3-category guy instead of the 1-category guy who's chances of contributing depend on David Bell and a weak Reds offense. Looks like Bell has taken a liking to Diaz and the Reds young hitters have taken a liking to big league pitching.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I am regretting ditching Felix Bautista, who I could have kept at a fairly nice price (equivalent of about $13) and keeping instead Martin Perez. I was planning to keep Bautista but he got hurt preseason and it was questionable when he would be ready and how effective he'd be (our keepers date is the end of February). So I kept Perez for the equivalent of about $4 because he had a great year in 2022 for the money and also meeting the innings requirement in this league is always problematic. It turned out that Bautista didnt miss any time and has been one of the best closers in baseball while Perez has been very shaky and I'm in very good shape in innings. I'm currently in a distant 2nd place. I took Alexis Diaz as my Home closer during the auction and he also has been great and I'm in 1st in saves. I dont know if I would be in 1st if I had kept Bautista - it depends on what SP I would have gotten instead of Perez. But I figure I probably would have been closer. Hindsight is always 20/20. I still think keeping Perez seemed like a safer decision at the time based on circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                  X