No Regerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    my only regret was dropping Tylor Megill after his first start. i expected him to do well but not so well that everyone picked him up. so yeah, his velocity is up. plays on a good team, i fucked up.
    What size league? I'm not sure that's a huge regret. He looked very marginal today. I think he's fine and if you have him on your team you are glad, but I dont see him as the top end SP that lots of people are saying.

Comment

So many leagues that I have won most players and lost most players in one league or another. But here are some regerts:
      Buying into the closer hype

Seems like there was more talk this year about having to buy closers early and I know that the lockout had a lot to do with it, but in the end there were cheap options available that came out of nowhere for effectively free - Robertson and Bard are good examples.
      Jon Gray and Mitch Keller

I was pumped for these two for different reasons - Gray getting out of COL, Keller getting a couple extra MPH. But they seem to be still Jon Gray and Mitch Keller, same guys we always knew.
      This year's rookies will be different!

While we have more of them this year, it looks like the overhyped rookies are still the overhyped rookies. Last year we had Vaughn and Kelenic and this year we have Witt and JRod. All of those guys have tons of talent but buying the hype year 1 is still a mistake this year like it was last year, and the year before, and the year before.

Although the 1 team I have both Witt and JRod on is somehow in first place by a good margin. (Don't look at the standings, don't look at the standings)
      Don't look at the standings

I'm kidding... but no seriously, don't. It's too early.
      Don't pay up for middle tier catchers

Alejandro Kirk looked awesome and he likely still will be. But he's getting beat so far by his own teammate at the catcher position.
      Suzuki

Wish I went a few more $ in a couple leagues, he looks legit.
      Pujols undrafted

I'm not sure Pujols was drafted in any league I'm in - if he was it was at the end of the reserves. Including some really deep ones. He's not going to end the season as a good fantasy asset or anywhere close, but he's certainly good enough for the last roster spot on most of my teams as a bench guy to fill in when matchups are good.

Comment

I'm starting to think that i should have kept a $5 C.J Cron instead of a $29 Kris Bryant. Bryant would have probably cost $50+ in my high inflation mixed league auction. I figured Bryant was the more established player with the higher ceiling. That and he qualifies at three positions (1B-3B-OF) for greater roster flexibility.

Bryant is hitting well for AVG, but is lacking so far in HR & RBI. Cron is looking like a contender for NL Player of the Month.

Ken is correct about it being an extremely small sample size at this point. So, maybe Bryant will end up being the better choice.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          What size league? I'm not sure that's a huge regret. He looked very marginal today. I think he's fine and if you have him on your team you are glad, but I dont see him as the top end SP that lots of people are saying.
          i didn't realize @PHI would be easy but Tylor Megill was a good pitcher for a rookie last year.

he's 27, going on 28. that's the breakout year. and he is 6/7. the Mets will abuse his talents. it's there and..i fucked up

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            I'm starting to think that i should have kept a $5 C.J Cron instead of a $29 Kris Bryant. Bryant would have probably cost $50+ in my high inflation mixed league auction. I figured Bryant was the more established player with the higher ceiling. That and he qualifies at three positions (1B-3B-OF) for greater roster flexibility.

Bryant is hitting well for AVG, but is lacking so far in HR & RBI. Cron is looking like a contender for NL Player of the Month.

Ken is correct about it being an extremely small sample size at this point. So, maybe Bryant will end up being the better choice.
            Did you have an extremely loaded keeper list or does your league only allow a small number of keepers? Having Cron at $5 would make it hard to toss him back, though I’m biased by playing in 12 team NL-only.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
              Did you have an extremely loaded keeper list or does your league only allow a small number of keepers? Having Cron at $5 would make it hard to toss him back, though I’m biased by playing in 12 team NL-only.
              Yeah, i did. We keep 9 and i had about 15 good ones to choose from. Every team usually has a good list. Undrafted (we draft 288) free agent pickups are priced at $1 so that's always a good source for finding cheap keepers for next season. That and our $300 team budget causes some serious inflation in the auction.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Don't look at the standings, don't look at the standings
                Wait until mid May or when?

Comment

Salad King apologizes
                  apology accepted
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Like a bad tattoo we have all already made some mistakes this year. Here are mine...what do you have ?

1) Keeping Alex Wood instead of T Rogers....might not be that bad if Wood continues to pitch well.
                    2) Trading Hunter Greene...I think I will regret this one
                    3) Drafting deGrom, too risky, hope he comes back in May/June/Ever
                    4) Not going the extra FAAB dollar on Munoz and J Duran - 4a - keeping AJ Puk instead of Duran as a rookie

I've probably got more...those are the ones i can think of. So many decisions to be made some are good and some not so good.
                    I just looked at Hunter Greene's stats for his last 7 games. 40 innings, 58 strikeouts. Era near 2.00 and whip near 1. But at least I got Trent Grisham.
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      Well played, Senor Dickshot.

As for a legitimate response, I went into this year absolutely knowing that I had no chance of competing. Literally, my only keepers were Anthony Alford, Trevor May, Seth Lugo and Daniel Hudson. Soooo, I had a decent amount of freedom in my auction and feel like I did a pretty good job purchasing dump chips and also potential keepers. My only regert would be spending too much on Zac Gallen which cost me some other players later in the end game. But, as far as regerts go, fairly minimal for this year.
                      I'm pretty sure you didn't spend too much on Zac Gallen.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                        my only regret was dropping Tylor Megill after his first start. i expected him to do well but not so well that everyone picked him up. so yeah, his velocity is up. plays on a good team, i fucked up.
                        not the worst decision you or I made this year, i'd guess.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Come on, I didn't even mention Ohtani....
                          Ohtani...man was my timing off on this guy.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            You reminded me of a regert I had from this year's auction. I took Kyle Hendricks. He was cheap (I think I paid $6 for him) but I just HATE Kyle Hendricks. Largely stems from his awful second half last year which, combined with Yu's awful second half pretty much sunk my chances at a title. However, I own him now and am stuck rooting for him.
                            Why would you do that, this is a legitimate regert.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              I just looked at Hunter Greene's stats for his last 7 games

Comment

indeed it is. Revo worked me on that deal.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X