Roki Sasaki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Perfect streak is over. 1st batter of the game got a hit.
    yup and I logged out. Kid's gonna be something though--Does he crack your top 150 mid season?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      yup and I logged out. Kid's gonna be something though--Does he crack your top 150 mid season?
      That's a good question. On a dynasty list, he'd be very high but because it's a roto list, and because it may be 8 years before he comes to MLB, he'd just tie up a minors roster spot for a long time, which you dont want to do unless your league allows a deep minors system. I figure it likely will be at least 5 years before he gets posted. He is only 20 y/o and will be restricted to getting only a modest salary like Ohtani if he signs before he turns 25. Ohtani's contract is $545 mil in yr 1, $650 mil in yr 2, $700 mil in yr 3, $3 mil in year 4 (1st arb yr) and $5.5 mil in yr 5 (this yr). Ohtani really wanted to come to MLB badly and didnt want to wait until he could be signed as a free agent and get the really big bucks. Will Sasaki want to come that badly? We dont know but I'd predict that he's more likely to wait until he's 25 y/o and sign as a FA. In my 2 keeper leagues there are only 3 and 4 minors roster spots respectively. I wouldnt want to tie up a roster spot for at least 5 yrs for a player that I'm not even sure will ever come to MLB in such shallow leagues. Then again, I already have Yamamoto on the list, who wont be a Japanese free agent until the offseason after 2026 at the earliest. So I'm tempted to put Sasaki on rt below him at spot #150. Dont know if I will on the next list or not but I might.

Comment

Working...
      X