DC Challenge Picks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Was definitely looking at him vs. Raimel Tapia. Laureano will probably outpace Tapia even with the 27 game suspension lol.
    Laureano always feels like fools gold to me. Remember last year when he had 8 stolen bases in the first 9 games last year? And then just 4 more the rest of the season?

Comment

I really wanted to pick Luis Garcia, potentially instead of Manaea, but thought he might fall. Also thought Chris Taylor might fall a bit more, but he's pretty much the starting SS right now so no surprise he's going relatively earlier.
      I wanted Taylor to fall too, but waited one round too long and wound up with McMahon as a consolation prize at 2B.

I also keep waiting a little too late to grab the pitchers I wanted. Missed Fried, Montas, Manaea and S.Barlow, by taking a chance they’d make it back that next round (well, except Fried who I anticipated would not last).

Overall, my roster feels kind of…plain. There’s a noticeable lack of star power. We’ll see how it translates, stats-wise.
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Things I'm noticing as we go along:

1. Stolen bases are even in shorter supply than I thought.
        2. 3b is not very good or deep.
        3. Batting average feels very low with very few top performers in that category.
        My first three picks targeted players with a reasonable shot at 30/20 production so I wouldn’t have to chase steals. But I may have ignored speed a bit too much, later.
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
          My first three picks targeted players with a reasonable shot at 30/20 production so I wouldn’t have to chase steals. But I may have ignored speed a bit too much, later.
          I think your speed is fine. Pitching is where you sacrificed to get those 30/20 guys, but with some later round hits you could possibly make up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
            I have you leading the pack in steals thus far.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I have you leading the pack in steals thus far.
              You are tracking it? Too much effort.

Comment

Im finding that OF is fairly weak and shallow compared to MI and CI.

Feels like a bunch of dual eligibility OF lost it this year (Mancini for example)

Comment

Also like Heyelander's team an awful lot. I guess we'll see how the punt saves strategy works out on this one, though.
                  i like my team, but I've gone with a lot of post-hype or bounce back gambles. My team could completely suck.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    You are tracking it? Too much effort.
                    Well, I'm just entering picks and some sort of magic voodoo Excel nerd shit is doing the heavy lifting. That Excel spreadsheet's name? Steve.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Curious, what time does the clock run? My clock started at 11:01 ET last night and I autopicked (from a queue I had setup to remind me of late round options) at 1:01 AM ET. I'm not sure 1 in the morning is an appropriate time for an autodraft to be going off, but it wasn't worth complaining about. More curiosity why an autodraft would happen in the middle of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Curious, what time does the clock run? My clock started at 11:01 ET last night and I autopicked (from a queue I had setup to remind me of late round options) at 1:01 AM ET. I'm not sure 1 in the morning is an appropriate time for an autodraft to be going off, but it wasn't worth complaining about. More curiosity why an autodraft would happen in the middle of the night.
                        The clock is supposedly off between 2:00 am and 8:00 am ET. Apparently give or take a minute or two.
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

The clock freezes from 2 AM ET to 8 AM ET. The NFBC tried umpteen iterations before landing on this as their sweet spot for the masses.
                          Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                            The clock freezes from 2 AM ET to 8 AM ET. The NFBC tried umpteen iterations before landing on this as their sweet spot for the masses.
                            Got it. Good information to store away for other drafts.

I’m not sure I’ll make it for many of those 2AM picks

Comment

I don't know what round you gents are in, but this seems like a good time to remind everyone the pick clock drops to one hour from Rounds 31-50 and if you time out, you go on auto until you take yourself off.

For those that don't know, you can set a predraft for each round, so if you're at the wheel, you can prioritize one position then another.

Also, it's always a good idea to keep your queue filled with guys you want, even if you're not on auto. If you time out, it goes to your queue first, then the top ranked undrafted player.
                              Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Really good work on the pace of picks, gents. A couple folks who might want to consider using autodraft more liberally but overall we're flying through this thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X