No announcement yet.

2K22 Closer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bid Taylor 43 FAAB in 12 team only league. Winning bid was $58 (of $100)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      I must not Bard. Bard is the ratio-killer. Bard is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face Bard. I will permit his fastball to pass over me and his slider through me. And when Bard has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see Bard's path. Where Bard has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
      It would take more than the Bene Gesserit to make me draft Bard…
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• You guys must play in really shallow leagues.

In deep traditional leagues (saves only, no holds), a guy like Bard is someone you definitely start, much less want on your team. There are only ~15 guys who have a closer role without a committee. The miniscule difference he makes to your ratios is not optimal, but it's easily worth the saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          You guys must play in really shallow leagues.

In deep traditional leagues (saves only, no holds), a guy like Bard is someone you definitely start, much less want on your team. There are only ~15 guys who have a closer role without a committee. The miniscule difference he makes to your ratios is not optimal, but it's easily worth the saves.
          Amen!!

Comment

• Is Art Warren droppable in a 12 team mixed?
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Last I checked Warren has a save and great ratios in 2 outings. Did I miss something?
              You missed Pauly jinxing my team while Warren dropped a flaming turd on my porch. Note to self: avoid pitchers vs. the Dodgers. The Mahle / Warren combo was brutal yesterday.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Is Art Warren droppable in a 12 team mixed?
                Bordering on yes today, but definitely by next week.

Comment

• was going to mention it yesterday but the previous 2 nights Diego Castillo ran the 9th in non-save situations. I don't know what happened tonight but SEA wants him to close. it's his job to lose. they want Sewald to be in the emergency role and is good, like how STL seems to always wonted to use Giovanny Gallegos until this year when they had no choice. Steckenrider is good but but not as good as Sewald. they used Steckenrider in the trying to make the playoffs last year, and he was on his game. but Castillo is the play here. management has to maximize the trade they made for him for the fans. Giles can go fuck himself.

it's important to figure it out because SEA won more close games last year than anyone. so there are a lot of saves to be had here. my money is on Castillo but it depends on if you think he can get the job done. I think he is under contract for another year. so I have no idea about the obligatory trade a proven closer if you fall behind.

you know I like closer monkey, and their advice on picking up vulture saves is the best bar none, but if you are looking to win the lottery, they are rigid.

Comment

• fuck the reds, I've decided long ago it's not worth figuring out, Sims, he'll end up with the most saves once he comes back.

Comment

I must not Bard. Bard is the ratio-killer. Bard is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face Bard. I will permit his fastball to pass over me and his slider through me. And when Bard has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see Bard's path. Where Bard has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
                      Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                      It would take more than the Bene Gesserit to make me draft Bard…
                      Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      You guys must play in really shallow leagues.

I was more interested in acknowledging the Dune reference. I’ve owned multiple Rockies closers throughout the years, with varying degrees of success.
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                        I was more interested in acknowledging the Dune reference. I’ve owned multiple Rockies closers throughout the years, with varying degrees of success.
                        Hah, fair enough - always enjoy the references!

Comment

• I've become frustrated by the complete lack of a market for my lesser closer finds that I am hoping to flip. Several in my league are actively shopping for closers, but none want Robertson or Pagan. I suppose part of the issue is that I have Hendriks and Hader, and so inevitably, the lesser two get compared to them, and folks try to get them instead. So, the decision now is, do I trade one of the elite guys for an SP, trusting the rest of my rps to keep getting saves, or do I wait awhile, hope Robertson and Pagan build trust, and flip them later?

I guess what I'm really asking is do you all think Robertson and Pagan are legit closers that will keep getting saves? What is a reasonable over/under on saves from the pair over the season? 30? I think Robertson can get close to that on his own. I don't think Pagan can hold a primary closer job for long, but the Twins don't have clearly better options, so it seems to me he should have some value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            I've become frustrated by the complete lack of a market for my lesser closer finds that I am hoping to flip. Several in my league are actively shopping for closers, but none want Robertson or Pagan. I suppose part of the issue is that I have Hendriks and Hader, and so inevitably, the lesser two get compared to them, and folks try to get them instead. So, the decision now is, do I trade one of the elite guys for an SP, trusting the rest of my rps to keep getting saves, or do I wait awhile, hope Robertson and Pagan build trust, and flip them later?

I guess what I'm really asking is do you all think Robertson and Pagan are legit closers that will keep getting saves? What is a reasonable over/under on saves from the pair over the season? 30? I think Robertson can get close to that on his own. I don't think Pagan can hold a primary closer job for long, but the Twins don't have clearly better options, so it seems to me he should have some value.
                            You have no real choice but to keep them since no one will pay for them....so wait it out a few weeks, stockpile saves and then move one of your better closers. Or after a few weeks maybe you have a market for one of the lesser guys. Anyway, seems waiting it out is the best strategy.

Edit: I guess u could move one of your better closers now....but that carries some risk
                            Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 04-21-2022, 05:08 PM.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I've become frustrated by the complete lack of a market for my lesser closer finds that I am hoping to flip. Several in my league are actively shopping for closers, but none want Robertson or Pagan. I suppose part of the issue is that I have Hendriks and Hader, and so inevitably, the lesser two get compared to them, and folks try to get them instead. So, the decision now is, do I trade one of the elite guys for an SP, trusting the rest of my rps to keep getting saves, or do I wait awhile, hope Robertson and Pagan build trust, and flip them later?

over/under has to be closer to 20 vs 30. Maybe lower. Closer turnover for the non-elites is just too high.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                                over/under has to be closer to 20 vs 30. Maybe lower. Closer turnover for the non-elites is just too high.
                                Wow, really? They have already combined for 5 saves. I think Robertson can get 15 the ROS on his own. Of course, he could lose the gig to Givens in a week. I may be overrating Robertson's chances of keeping the job. I guess waiting a few weeks to see how it plays out is indeed the only reasonable thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X