2K22 Closer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Wow, really? They have already combined for 5 saves. I think Robertson can get 15 the ROS on his own. Of course, he could lose the gig to Givens in a week. I may be overrating Robertson's chances of keeping the job. I guess waiting a few weeks to see how it plays out is indeed the only reasonable thing to do.
    Oh combined? geez, I'll take the under on 30.

Comment

• But then again I was out on a free Bard and that is making me look bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
        over/under has to be closer to 20 vs 30. Maybe lower. Closer turnover for the non-elites is just too high.
        30 total between the two of them? I'd disagree.

Turnover is high on whole relative to draft season, but older pitchers who are actually in the closer role and not just in a committee are more stable. Looking back at 2021, these guys remind me of Melancon, Ian Kennedy, Brad Hand, and Lou Trevino. If you were picking those guys in draft season you were guessing. But once they had the role you should get quite a few saves out of them unless they just break down. 15 feels like a really low guess for those 2. Give me the over.

It's certainly possible that they do break down, but then again anyone can, even the supposed "elite".

Comment

Agreed, I’m taking the under here.

Comment

Tone of this one is confusing - combined should make you more likely to take the over.

Comment

Working...
            X