2K22 Closer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Finnegan just pitched a clean 6th down 0-4 but he looked good.
    Rainey looked good in the 7th also.

Comment

The Bender blown save was a one pitch glitch.

7-0 k/b and clean inning otherwise.

Comment

Interesting to see Colome start the 8th and Bard getting the save with 3k. Fits with Black's comments that he likes a high k closer.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I'm a Padre fan and even I wouldn't bid that much
          On an even more ridiculous note, in my other NL only money league tonight Rogers went for the full season's faab $100. Yes you are reading this right. The buyer now has zero for the whole rest of the year after the first weekend of the season. He needed help in saves badly but has a kick ass team already. I went up to $33 on him in this league and honestly thought i might have a chance at him.

Comment

Originally posted by CC2022 View Post
            On an even more ridiculous note, in my other NL only money league tonight Rogers went for the full season's faab $100. Yes you are reading this right. The buyer now has zero for the whole rest of the year after the first weekend of the season. He needed help in saves badly but has a kick ass team already. I went up to $33 on him in this league and honestly thought i might have a chance at him.
            yeah I just can't do that again--I bid quite a bit on Naquin's hot start last season and it hamstrung me. Rogers might save 50 and he might get hurt like he did last season. I'd have gone to 20 something.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Ditto for my league on Rogers. Not a surprise for me. Btw, we allow zero bids and daily FAAB transactions (vs weekly).

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Rainey looked good in the 7th also.
                And got the 1st SV after Finnegan pitched the 8th when they were down a run.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Rainey and Bard both available FAAB tonight, who would you rather have?
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Bard is a ratio killer.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                      Bard is a ratio killer.
                      I must not Bard. Bard is the ratio-killer. Bard is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face Bard. I will permit his fastball to pass over me and his slider through me. And when Bard has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see Bard's path. Where Bard has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

They are very similar pitchers, stats-wise. I guess I would go with Bard because his stuff seems slightly better and Finnegan is looking over Rainey's shoulder, but it's kinda too close to call. Both are pretty marginal.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

And all in FAAB guy gets what he hoped for as Taylor Rogers gets his 3rd save.

Our FAAB takes place on Wednesday night. Thursday morning is going to be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            They are very similar pitchers, stats-wise. I guess I would go with Bard because his stuff seems slightly better and Finnegan is looking over Rainey's shoulder, but it's kinda too close to call. Both are pretty marginal.
                            Bard already blew one. Can I change my vote?

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Bard already blew one. Can I change my vote?
                              Blowing 1 save and still getting the win loses the job? I don't think his leash was ever that short.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Blowing 1 save and still getting the win loses the job? I don't think his leash was ever that short.
                                Job?

Comment

Working...
                                X