Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Bah! Fixed it.

Not sure why I hit AL. I call covid brain! But I can tell you I was stunned that he went that high.
    Someone overpaid by quite a large margin

Comment

WS/Tigers game. Soto gives up HR in the top of the 9th to Vaughn. Hendricks gives up tying HR to Haase bottom of the 9th. Then Meadows gets a triple and then Baez hits a ball to the to RF wall. Pollock goes to catch it which it pops out of his glove then he catches it. Baez is called out but the umps review the play because it hit the wall after it popped out of the glove and then he caught it. Play is reversed and both players Soto and Hendricks get a blown save.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Bah! Fixed it.

Not sure why I hit AL. I call covid brain! But I can tell you I was stunned that he went that high.
        I nabbed Warren in FAAB for two bucks in a mixed league out of the (mistaken) hope that he'd be the interim closer until Sims gets back. Also have Sims for $4, so we can definitely expect a closer committee at best or some rando as closer at worst. Goddamn closers!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Mariners first save opp goes to Steckenrider...Sewald pitched 8th inning
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Jake McGee just pitched a scoreless 8th inning of a 3-2 game. Might be doval after all

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Jake McGee just pitched a scoreless 8th inning of a 3-2 game. Might be doval after all
              and the Marlins BLOW UP Doval baby!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                and the Marlins BLOW UP Doval baby!!!!
                and Bender gives it right back on the second pitch arrrrgh

Comment

Closers suck---to quote someone (more than one this weekend I'm sure)
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Closers suck---to quote someone (more than one this weekend I'm sure)
                    So far 5 BS today. Well 6 if you count Hendriks blew the lead twice. Closers are a mercurial bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Ten Reds saved at least one game last year. So who gets their first save of the year? Tony Santillan, who not only was not one of those ten, but ended up with his first career save.

Guess the interim closer isn't Art Warren after all....
                      since last year i've thought the Reds defense is so bad or cursed that it's not worth figuring out. Tejay Antone was the best arm in the BP but it would seem his best pitch a curveball put him on the DL. which is what curveballs do. pick a worse team for save, you can't do worse than the Reds.

Comment

I had Webb, Bass and Doval going yesterday. Talk about a good day turning bad, quickly.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          My guess is that Rogers gets 10+ saves, so bid accordingly. I would probably get more aggressive since you'll have a full season worth of his stats.
                          He went on faab last night in my NL only league for $87. Yes, you read that right boys and girls. It put the buyer down to $0 for the rest of the year. Clearly my $16 didn't have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by CC2022 View Post
                            He went on faab last night in my NL only league for $87. Yes, you read that right boys and girls. It put the buyer down to $0 for the rest of the year. Clearly my $16 didn't have a chance.
                            I'm a Padre fan and even I wouldn't bid that much
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Marlins go right back to Bender and he gets this one

Comment

Finnegan just pitched a clean 6th down 0-4 but he looked good.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X