No announcement yet.

CBA '21-'22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They’re STILL meeting! Going on 13 hours. Apparently the holdup is a 14-tm postseason vs a 12-tm postseason

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      They’re STILL meeting! Going on 13 hours. Apparently the holdup is a 14-tm postseason vs a 12-tm postseason
      It a big leverage point for the players. They are gonna try to use it to get as much as possible.

Comment

• This will get done tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          This will get done tomorrow
          Your swings between wild optimism and absolute pessimism and back to optimism have helped lighten the mood for me . I hope you are right. It certainly sounds like that is possible. A lot of movement today. They are close!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            It a big leverage point for the players. They are gonna try to use it to get as much as possible.
            Wow, I thought for sure the players would give in on 14 teams. I'm reading the number is settled at 12. I'm not mad at that at all. I think 14 would have been too much.

Comment

• 12 tm postseason has been apparently agreed upon. Deal just about done.

Comment

• i expect to receive full credit for being the optimistic one here. #halffull

Comment

• They spoke until 3am. The MLBPA dropped a big ask in the arbitration stuff, and they're just $10m apart on the luxury tax thresholds. Deadline extended to 5pm today. Get 'er done boys!

Comment

• I'm a little surprised at the PA's strong preference for 12 vs 14 team playoffs. As mentioned earlier maybe they are just leveraging but it really appears that's how it's going to go.

Their argument for 12 is that the big spenders won't go the extra mile as there won't be enough incentive to be a division winner and it would be a cakewalk for them to make the playoffs.

But, MLB really wants the 14 team and has offered enhancements to minimum salary and pre-arb pool for it. That's immediate cash in hand for the young players,

As a player on random X team I would like the greater opportunity to play more meaningful games and have a more embraced home fan base, play in front of bigger crowds, etc.

Comment

• Scherzer has spent a lot of time at these meetings, especially during the past week.

I wonder how burnt out he's getting from all this, both mentally and physically. Have to think his regular training routine is way off schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Scherzer has spent a lot of time at these meetings, especially during the past week.

I wonder how burnt out he's getting from all this, both mentally and physically. Have to think his regular training routine is way off schedule.
                        That is a good point I have not thought of before. I don't know if it will have lingering affects, but it is something to think about for potential early season struggles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          That is a good point I have not thought of before. I don't know if it will have lingering affects, but it is something to think about for potential early season struggles.
                          It's funny that you think that he will be pitching in the early season. He's a Met now, he will need ankle surgery to repair a problem with his elbow within minutes of a CBA being agreed upon.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            It's funny that you think that he will be pitching in the early season. He's a Met now, he will need ankle surgery to repair a problem with his elbow within minutes of a CBA being agreed upon.
                            That is true. I hope he got the memo to mark what body part needs surgery with a sharpie before he goes under the knife with any Mets' surgeons.

Comment

• Well I guess we can hold off on the pats on the back for the moment...

Although it is Heyman, so grain of salt added.

Comment

• another:

Comment

Working...
                                X