Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Different Auction Strategy (at least for me)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen the theory tried but not yet successfully

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Fascinating. I have the same decision to make in a league. FWIW, Hornsby, I am leaning towards having only $53 out of a $300 budget available. I'll make a post soon and see what people think. It can be a tough call.
      I'll be interested in seeing how it plays out for you...I'm wondering if I try to bid on mid tier guys or save the whole lot on the end game and have the hammer? How do you plan on playing it out if you do?

And mgwiz22...did you see it used in an only league, or a smaller mixed? I feel like an only might have more success...just a theory.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'll be interested in seeing how it plays out for you...I'm wondering if I try to bid on mid tier guys or save the whole lot on the end game and have the hammer? How do you plan on playing it out if you do?

And mgwiz22...did you see it used in an only league, or a smaller mixed? I feel like an only might have more success...just a theory.
        I only play in only leagues 5x5. I have seen it used successfully. I have used it quite a few times with varying degrees of success. If we define success as finishing in the money. Several times I have lost the championship on the last day using it.

Comment

I have seen it used in 14 and15 team mixed leagues. I am not saying it can't be done successfully but it would require the right person to pull it off
          I don't have the patience to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
            I have seen it used in 14 and15 team mixed leagues. I am not saying it can't be done successfully but it would require the right person to pull it off
            I don't have the patience to do it.
            Yeah, I think that the player pool would be too large for a mixed league of that size. Someone can either have a similar keeper list to you, or just as much talent in other areas. I think that in an only league, a 12 teamer in this case, if you corner the market on Top talent, you're going to be ahead of the game. But it's all theory for me at this point, but I do have 2 5 category guys, and a high K guy, so I'm spreading the wealth, so to speak.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              if you corner the market on Top talent, you're going to be ahead of the game. But it's all theory for me at this point,
              I think you hit on it there, "talent" is too spread out, you aren't going to be able to corner the market on it. It's not realistic. I mean if you had every one of the top 8-10 players in a league, sure you are doing great and there are no decisions to make, but that's not possible at reasonable prices. You are dealing with overpriced/inflated values, not cheap players. So cornering the market is a theoretical scenario that no one ever comes close to.

Comment

Working...
              X