No DH in the NL this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    My fantasy leagues even allow rain-outs!
    Heratic!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      I can see your wanting to keep things status quo, I'm not.

For me it's about enjoying the game, which I do whether or not it's a 5 inning rainout or a 15 inning affair. I really don't ever think about extra PAs or IPs.

I enjoy some of the changes, the universal DH, Replay, Bat Flips. Some not so much, the Shift, Openers, only allowing a starter twice through a line up. But those aren't deal breakers.

The 7 inning double header and Extra innings don't vex me, I'm pretty indifferent about em. BUT I can see how some people want to keep it status quo.

As someone who watches almost every inning of every game (that I can) a few innings here or there aren't really noticeable.

I'm also for an automated strike zone.

Again, I can see your POV and I hope it doesn't diminish your enjoyment too much.

Play Ball!
      I'm with you on some things. I'm not against change just cause it's change. If it's good then I'm for it. I love replay, I'm ok with universal DH. I don't like openers at all.

I've found, when watching some of the 7 inning games for the Yanks that they were in the midst of a comeback only to have it stopped cause it was only 7 innings. They'd chip away; two runs in the 6th, another in the 7th but lose 8-7 cause they didn't get those two more innings against a weak bullpen. Maybe the real issue was shitty starting pitching...

It doesn't diminish my enjoyment that much but just something I'd prefer to leave as is. But I guess if they feel it's in the best interest in player safety due to COVID then I'll live with it.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        I'm with you on some things. I'm not against change just cause it's change. If it's good then I'm for it. I love replay, I'm ok with universal DH. I don't like openers at all.

I've found, when watching some of the 7 inning games for the Yanks that they were in the midst of a comeback only to have it stopped cause it was only 7 innings. They'd chip away; two runs in the 6th, another in the 7th but lose 8-7 cause they didn't get those two more innings against a weak bullpen. Maybe the real issue was shitty starting pitching...

It doesn't diminish my enjoyment that much but just something I'd prefer to leave as is. But I guess if they feel it's in the best interest in player safety due to COVID then I'll live with it.
        Well now I'm sold, because anything that prevents Yankee comeback is alright in my book!!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Well now I'm sold, because anything that prevents Yankee comeback is alright in my book!!
          Hahaha
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

The Marlins signed Adam Duvall today. I cant imagine why they would do this if there is no DH.............

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              The Marlins signed Adam Duvall today. I cant imagine why they would do this if there is no DH.............
              I can't even imagine why they did it even if there is a dh.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                Eugene Freedman backed off some of the implications of negotiating the universal DH - it's still possible without opening Pandora's Box like initially suggested.
                Are you telling me that I shouldn't believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet? Nope, Nope, Nope...

And I'm against the excessive shifts, but that's not going to change soon I suspect.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                X