• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Anthony Bass sucks a bag of dicks.
    ouch.
    yes... yes he does.

I foresee a phantom IL stint

Comment

• Torre's management of Rivera in the postseason was utterly brilliant.

as a player of the 1960s and 1970s, he knew it was possible to use your best reliever for more than 3 outs in spite of the modern customs. so he did (141 IP in 96 G, 0.70 ERA, 0.759 WHIP).

as for regular season, later in his career his IP totals were, starting in 2004:
      79 78 75 71 71 66 60 61 8 64

Rivera said after that final season that he was more confident in pitching as much/more, because he knew before the season that he was certain to retire come that October.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Anthony Bass sucks a bag of dicks.
        Next save chance likely going to garcia or floro for Miami. Bass is out.

Comment

• Is there anything to read into Knebel closing instead of Jansen on Friday? Knebel has looked great so far this year.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dodgers said they didn't want to use Jansen for a 3rd time in 4 days. but Knebel has been nails in a tiny sample, as you note.
            I nabbed him on Thursday morning; no one else put in for him.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• I also picked up Knebel. He owes me from 2 years ago lol. All of those mini win streaks by the elite teams usually make for more save opportunities than one reliever can handle.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yimi with the easy save. Go get him.

Comment

• Mariners up 3-2 vs. Twins. Bring in Montero for bottom of the 8th. Planning for 2 inning save, or maybe someone else in mind ? Montero gave up a run so who knows.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Mariners up 3-2 vs. Twins. Bring in Montero for bottom of the 8th. Planning for 2 inning save, or maybe someone else in mind ? Montero gave up a run so who knows.
                    Kendall Graveman in for the 9th
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Kendall Graveman in for the 9th
                      easy 9th for Graveman. Montero looked shaky.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

easy 9th for Graveman. Montero looked shaky.
                        I found Montero's inconsistency to be maddening last season. So, i elected not to keep him and avoided him at the auction. Now, i have Kennedy who is pretty much the same way lol. But, i guess inconsistency is common among the lower tiers of closers. The things we fantasy owners do just to get a few saves.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          I found Montero's inconsistency to be maddening last season. So, i elected not to keep him and avoided him at the auction. Now, i have Kennedy who is pretty much the same way lol. But, i guess inconsistency is common among the lower tiers of closers. The things we fantasy owners do just to get a few saves.
                          Middleton on in the 10th for potential save. Popped up the first two guys
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Middleton on in the 10th for potential save. Popped up the first two guys
                            and get's Buxton to ground out for the save
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Jake McGee is looking like a draft day steal in most leagues with his 4th save in 10 days. He has had good career numbers outside of Coors Field for a while now. So, he's pretty much doing what he has been doing for years. And most important, Kapler seems to have faith in him as the 9th inning guy.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• McGee went for 18 in our NL-only league, which had its auction on the 3rd day of the season.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X