2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    nick.anderson - tbay ... fastball down 4 mph this spring, now complaining about arm soreness. is it the usual spring time stuff or is it something to worry about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      nick.anderson - tbay ... fastball down 4 mph this spring, now complaining about arm soreness. is it the usual spring time stuff or is it something to worry about?
      Usual spring stuff would be dead arm not sore arm right?

Sore arm combined with loss of 4mph is definitely cause for concern. As well as a trip to my do not bid list.

Comment

• If not Anderson, how do they divvy up saves in Tampa Bay?
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          If not Anderson, how do they divvy up saves in Tampa Bay?
          Only 17 people get saves instead of 18?

I think Fairbanks is the leader. Consensus seems to be Fairbanks or Diego Castillo. I stilll don't think anyone gets 25 saves. I didn't think Anderson would either, though.

Comment

• A reminder Anderson had zero saves in 2019 despite arguably being their best reliever in the second half of the season.

The closer this year will be PeterDiegoRyanShane Fairbanks-Castillo-Thompson-Sheriff-McClanahan

Last night, news broke on Anderson mid-draft and we were in dollar days so someone grabbed Fairbanks

Comment

• Agree with Jason (shocking as Jason & Tampa = Listen). Fairbanks and Castillo probably remain the best bets it you will but this won't change the overall approach I wouldn't think.

I personally lean Fairbanks but only because of his role during the postseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Usual spring stuff would be dead arm not sore arm right?

Sore arm combined with loss of 4mph is definitely cause for concern. As well as a trip to my do not bid list.
                RW reporting now that Anderson has a partially torn UCL.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  The Jays seemed like they had finally given Romano the job last year and then he got hurt. Then they started looking at other options. I think they're more willing to commit to one person than they say, and I think Romano is likely to be that guy. Romano also throws harder and has a better K/9.
                  This. Jays fan here. I watched the game when Romano got hurt. I was preparing to pounce in every league I could. I think Romano is Plan A and will be given the reigns. Dolis could still get double digits based on matchups and back-to-backs.

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  In my online championship draft last night, I took Romano in the 15th round ahead of Pagan, Melancon, Hicks, Holland, Barnes and Rodriguez. Having a degree of buyer's remorse about it honestly.

This is a pretty high-cost draft and a guy took Yates in the 9th round. I was like WHOA!
                  I like Romano more. Most of those guys are stiffs. You won't regret it come July.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    RW reporting now that Anderson has a partially torn UCL.
                    Out until the AS Break, at least, according to Rays’ beat writer Marc Topkin.

Comment

• So many situations seem to be up in the air, how would you rank these guys? First three are on my roster, the others are FAs.

Bard
                      Scott
                      Wittgren
                      Romano
                      Pagan
                      Neris
                      Kennedy
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        So many situations seem to be up in the air, how would you rank these guys? First three are on my roster, the others are FAs.

Bard
                        Scott
                        Wittgren
                        Romano
                        Pagan
                        Neris
                        Kennedy
                        I think I'd go

Romano - biggest share of job on a reasonably good team, if not the sole guy
                        Pagan - decent sized share of a 95+ win team
                        Neris - starting to think maybe he'll be the guy, but who knows
                        Bard - he's probably the guy but his team is awful
                        Scott - see Bard
                        Kennedy - his team is bad and I'm not sure he's the guy

Comment

• Cleveland will use a committee of Karinchak, Emmanuel Clase and Nick Wittgren for save chances this season, manager Terry Francona told MLB.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Cleveland will use a committee of Karinchak, Emmanuel Clase and Nick Wittgren for save chances this season, manager Terry Francona told MLB.com.
                            That’s a big hit already for Karinchak, who was being drafted as high as the 5th closer off the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              That’s a big hit already for Karinchak, who was being drafted as high as the 5th closer off the board.
                              20/20 hindsight I know, but that always seemed like a pretty big overreach.

Comment

• Karinchak is the 5th closer to lose part or all of his job already, joining Yates, Harvey, N. Anderson, and LeClerc, and the season hasn't even started yet. That should be a lesson for early drafters!

Comment

Working...
                                X