2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    How sure are we that it's Romano and not Dolis?
    I'd say 64%
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      I'd say 64%
      Seems like he belongs in that bottom tier then

Comment

How sure are we that it's Romano and not Dolis?
        How sure am I that Romano gets the majority of saves? I'd say at least 85%

How sure am I that Romano gets all the saves (say, more than 80% of them)? Not that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          How sure am I that Romano gets the majority of saves? I'd say at least 85%

How sure am I that Romano gets all the saves (say, more than 80% of them)? Not that much.
          That's much more confident than I am. What's the basis? I don't know much about that pen since I had not thought it was relevant with Yates set as closer, but closermonkey had Dolis next in line, and Dolis had more saves last year.

Comment

That's much more confident than I am. What's the basis? I don't know much about that pen since I had not thought it was relevant with Yates set as closer, but closermonkey had Dolis next in line, and Dolis had more saves last year.
            I don't know what the split will be, but to my eye, Romano appeared to be the best reliever with the most upside in that pen last year. Of course, that does not mean he will be the primarily closer at his tender age, but I think fantasy folks want him to be, so there might be some wishing in the probabilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Well then. I think I would put Romano towards the bottom of the "dudes with jobs who are solid" tier... is that too high?

Hendriks
              Chapman
              ---
              Pressly
              Iglesias
              Rosenthal
              Romano
              ---
              Colome
              Karinchak
              Nick Anderson
              Rafael Montero
              I've put him in the tier below that, but betting on closers is like betting on coin flips, you're wrong half the time or more.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                I've put him in the tier below that, but betting on closers is like betting on coin flips, you're wrong half the time or more.
                Yeah, I’m keeping him in one league, but I’m putting him in that 3rd tier. Ahead of Anderson, below Montero.

Comment

• March 23 update

Locked In
                  Hader
                  Chapman
                  Hendriks
                  Iglesias
                  Pressly
                  Hand
                  Rosenthal (former revived corpse)

Solid but Could Still Falter
                  Jansen
                  Diaz
                  Karinchak

Has the Job, But Could be Replaced with a Couple of Blowups
                  Soria
                  Montero
                  Kimbrel
                  Rodriguez

We *Think* He Has the Job
                  Smith
                  McGee
                  Romano
                  Colome

Has the Job But Really Isn't Very Good
                  Barnes (Ottavino lurks)

Revived Corpses
                  Holland
                  Bard

Flip a Coin
                  STL - Hicks, Gallegos
                  SD - Pomeranz, Melancon, Kela, Pagan
                  TB - Anderson, Castillo
                  CIN - Garrett, Doolittle, Sims
                  MIA - Bass, Garcia, Floro, Curtis
                  PHI - Bradley, Neris, Alvarado

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Yeah, I’m keeping him in one league, but I’m putting him in that 3rd tier. Ahead of Anderson, below Montero.
                    That's where I have him now too. But who knows how I might change my mind by the time of my auction on Sunday.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      That's where I have him now too. But who knows how I might change my mind by the time of my auction on Sunday.
                      Yup, can totally see that. Depends on the news over the next couple of days.

Comment

The Jays seemed like they had finally given Romano the job last year and then he got hurt. Then they started looking at other options. I think they're more willing to commit to one person than they say, and I think Romano is likely to be that guy. Romano also throws harder and has a better K/9.

Comment

• and fwiw Montoyo last week referred to Romano as a closer-in-waiting ... having said that Montoyo comes from the Tampa org so I wouldn't be shocked to see no closer named, at least to begin with
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• In my online championship draft last night, I took Romano in the 15th round ahead of Pagan, Melancon, Hicks, Holland, Barnes and Rodriguez. Having a degree of buyer's remorse about it honestly.

This is a pretty high-cost draft and a guy took Yates in the 9th round. I was like WHOA!

Comment

• Francona continues to waffle and Nick Wittgren's name keeps coming up.

Comment

• nick.anderson - tbay ... fastball down 4 mph this spring, now complaining about arm soreness. is it the usual spring time stuff or is it something to worry about?

Comment

Working...
                                X