A's News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
    After 2 rehab assignments in the minors - 7.2 IP, 3H, 3ER, 3BB, 12K - Rich Harden is expected to start on Friday for Oakland at home against the Diamondbacks.
    Who will he replace in the rotation?
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
      Who will he replace in the rotation?
      I think he will replace Godfrey, who will go to the bullpen. Brandon McCarthy will have a rehab start this week, and is probably next in line to return, and Tyson Ross is not too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
        I think he will replace Godfrey, who will go to the bullpen. Brandon McCarthy will have a rehab start this week, and is probably next in line to return, and Tyson Ross is not too far away.
        McCarthy pitched well earlier this season - his record doesn't reflect it, however. It looks like he may start on Sunday. With Ross coming back as well, and Harden on a 90 pitch limit, who do you think stays in the rotation? Moscoso will probably be the next starter replaced, correct? Any chance that Harden will see time in the pen?
        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
          McCarthy pitched well earlier this season - his record doesn't reflect it, however. It looks like he may start on Sunday. With Ross coming back as well, and Harden on a 90 pitch limit, who do you think stays in the rotation? Moscoso will probably be the next starter replaced, correct? Any chance that Harden will see time in the pen?
          McCarthy's rehab start on Tuesday was rained out, so he is scheduled to pitch tonight in AAA. If that goes well, he could pitch for the A's next week, replacing Moscoso. That would make the rotation Cahill, Gio Gonzalez, Harden, McCarthy, Outman.

When Harden is called up, I assume that Trystan Magnuson will be sent down, with Godfrey pitching in long relief. They haven't used Harden at all in relief in the Minors, but I guess it is possible that either him or McCarthy could pitch out of the bullpen if needed.

Comment

Working...
          X