Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    And they're out there, still.

IMO, this signing seems to tell me the agents think the DH is not coming to the NL this year.
    While my confidence level for the universal DH wanes a little more each day, Cruz heading back to Minnesota doesn't move the needle for me.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Are they marching?

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
        While my confidence level for the universal DH wanes a little more each day, Cruz heading back to Minnesota doesn't move the needle for me.
        Maybe, maybe not. He certainly was drumming up interest among some NL teams including some with deep pockets. If I had any idea what the market was actually yielding these days I'd be able to tell whether 1/$13M is a bargain price for Cruz. It doesn't seem to be top dollar, but who knows? Cruz never gets paid, the poor fella.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

IMO, this signing seems to tell me the agents think the DH is not coming to the NL this year.
          No, I think not...there is absolutely no reason for the MLBPA to agree to anything and re-open the contract. It'll likely play out as normal this season, and the off season next year will be muy ugly. I'm guessing a labor impasse and a delayed start to the season in 2022.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Maybe, maybe not. He certainly was drumming up interest among some NL teams including some with deep pockets. If I had any idea what the market was actually yielding these days I'd be able to tell whether 1/$13M is a bargain price for Cruz. It doesn't seem to be top dollar, but who knows? Cruz never gets paid, the poor fella.

Originally posted by Scott Bor....err, John Heyman
            Had the universal DH been installed before spring training, the Braves and Dodgers likely wouldn’t have been in play for Cruz. The inability to get it done meant Cruz was limited to AL, and he loves Minnesota. Deal is 13M and no team option, giving him options next winter.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• For some reason the Phillies signed Chase Anderson for $4mil.

Free-agent pitcher Chase Anderson has reached a one-year, $4 million agreement with the Philadelphia Phillies, a source familiar with the contract told ESPN on Wednesday.

Anderson, 33, went 1-2 with a 7.22 ERA in 10 appearances for the Toronto Blue Jays in 2020, including seven starts. The Phillies signed Anderson to compete as a starter, as he'll be stretched out during spring training.
              Chase Anderson, who went 1-2 with a 7.22 ERA in 10 appearances for the Blue Jays in 2020, has reached a one-year deal with the Phillies and will compete to be in the starting rotation, a source told ESPN.

Comment

• Would that be Johott Borhey?

But, yeah, I'd find it hard to believe Cruz wouldn't have found suitors among the Cards, Brewers, Padres, Braves, Phillies, and Mets at a higher price for a 1-year deal.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Kolten Wong to the Brewers...that means that Hiura is getting multi-eligibility somewhere, unless he is DH. Maybe it means that Luis Urias sucks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Kolten Wong to the Brewers...that means that Hiura is getting multi-eligibility somewhere, unless he is DH. Maybe it means that Luis Urias sucks?
                    The only place Hiura will go is 1B if there's no DH. He's an absolute butcher in the field. Hiura at 3B would be like reliving Ryan Braun playing third, and Brewer fans who lived through that won't survive round 2.

Comment

• Love the Wong signing, but doing it and moving Hiura to first base is doubling down on the bad trade they made to acquire him in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Love the Wong signing, but doing it and moving Hiura to first base is doubling down on the bad trade they made to acquire him in the first place.
                        By him you mean Urias right?
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          By him you mean Urias right?
                          dammit..yes.

Comment

The only place Hiura will go is 1B if there's no DH. He's an absolute butcher in the field. Hiura at 3B would be like reliving Ryan Braun playing third, and Brewer fans who lived through that won't survive round 2.
                            I just got offered Hiura for Jeff McNeil (same price, both due extension) and Ronny Mauricio. I saw the news, but I still did the deal. I realize he is likely to lose 2b elg next year, but as long as his bat is in the line up every day, I'm ok with that. I do worry he will be so bad at 1b he could lose some ABs. Giving my Mets up was tough....I hope it pans out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              dammit..yes.
                              yeah, Urias is still going to 3B as of now. Though it appears the Brewers have determined that bargains can now be had and are shopping at the clearance racks, so that might change soon, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Suddenly, I'm smiling...add another arm, either bullpen or starter, and it'll be set.

Twins sign Alex Colome on a 1 year deal with a mutual option for a 2nd year. Now I'm content...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X