2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    The players association turned down expanded playoffs earlier this week, didn't they? Of course, MLB can always increase their offer, but I honestly don't see them settling when they're already bracing for the next labor war...

If they could somehow sign a deal before THIS season starts, all of that is good.
    Yes, but the MLBPA wasn't going to accept the first offer. It's a negotiation. I don't see how they won't settle.

We'll know soon enough (hopefully).
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• And the Yankees sign Darren O'Day to fill Ottavino's role. Didn't see details.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Steven Matz traded to TOR for Sean Reid-Foley, Yennsy Diaz & Josh Winckowski, which means the Mets may be about to sign Trevor Bauer.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Steven Matz traded to TOR for Sean Reid-Foley, Yennsy Diaz & Josh Winckowski, which means the Mets may be about to sign Trevor Bauer.
          Rotoworld says the Angels are almost definitely out on Bauer - he doesn't want to work with Mickey Calloway? - so where else is there for Bauer to go?

(Link - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...cid=uxbndlbing)

Comment

• Tanaka is headed back to Japan - signed with Rakuten.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Tanaka is headed back to Japan - signed with Rakuten.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/01/m...port-says.html
              I think that is best for both of us.

Comment

• Cards about to re-sign Adam "if lovin' you is wrong, I don't want to be" Wainwright
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Joc Pederson has agreed to a contract with the Cubs.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Joc Pederson has agreed to a contract with the Cubs.

Comment

• And the Cubs are looking at Samardzjia. Brewer scouts think he's awesome and the Cubs should sign him.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        And the Cubs are looking at Samardzjia. Brewer scouts think he's awesome and the Cubs should sign him.
                        And Jake Arrieta.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          They miss Schwarbs already. But now they have a version that can field a bit better.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            They miss Schwarbs already. But now they have a version that can field a bit better.
                            I know I do.

Schwarbs got better progressively better in left field, with no reason to doubt he would continue to improve. He had a gun for an arm that made up for a lot of his route errors.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              And Jake Arrieta.
                              The Cubs actually made a good signing when they signed Kohl Stewart. He was 4th overall in the 2013 draft. He is 26 years old.

We will see, but this is better than Samardzjia by a mile and a half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                The Cubs actually made a good signing when they signed Kohl Stewart. He was 4th overall in the 2013 draft. He is 26 years old.
                                Trying to figure out if you are serious or not. Stewart is terrrrible. He signed for cheap thankfully, but this is a lotto ticket at best. He never came close to the potential he had 8 years ago, and his draft status from 2013 is about as relevant as Samardzjia's football stats at Notre Dame.

Comment

Working...
                                X