2K21 Offseason Transactions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    So much for Vladdy JR back at 3rd...looks like Biggio sliding over to 3rd and Semien over to 2nd. I'm guessing that Tellez is now pretty much a bench bat...
    That is my guess too, though Rotochamp has Grichuk to the bench, which is interesting. I'd think they will trade Grichuk for an arm, if possible.

Comment

• I'm reading that they want to see if Vlad can handle 3rd, in which case Biggio becomes a super utility guy; if Vlad has to go back to first Biggio is the third baseman.
      Another scenario is Biggio being part of a package to the cubs for Hendricks and Bryant.
      More moves to come ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Also heard rumors of Vlad getting dealt to the Cubs too
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Also heard rumors of Vlad getting dealt to the Cubs too
          Vladito Osito
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Simmons to the Twins, 1 yr

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Simmons to the Twins, 1 yr
              Be still my heart...he's the best possible option for the Twins pitchers. Not a terrible offensive player either.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Be still my heart...he's the best possible option for the Twins pitchers. Not a terrible offensive player either.
                Does this move Polanco to DH, assuming they don't resign Cruz?

Comment

Reports are Polanco to 2B with Luis Arraez and his empty batting average playing utility.
                  Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Tommy La Stella to the Giants
                    Wilson Ramos to the Tigers
                    Freddy Galvis to the Orioles

Comment

Probably a lot of mix and match. Some Sano with Cave playing OF and Kirilloff playing some 1st. And yes, Polonco DHing. But I feel good about Cruz re-signing with the Twins...I can't see a NL DH at this point in the game. To big a bargaining chip IMO.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Probably a lot of mix and match. Some Sano with Cave playing OF and Kirilloff playing some 1st. And yes, Polonco DHing. But I feel good about Cruz re-signing with the Twins...I can't see a NL DH at this point in the game. To big a bargaining chip IMO.
                        I hope you're wrong. I'm looking forward to Cruz hitting cleanup for the Padres next season.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          I hope you're wrong. I'm looking forward to Cruz hitting cleanup for the Padres next season.
                          Expanded playoffs is just as big of a chip. Once MLB and the MLBPA determine how much of the extra playoff money goes to the players, we'll have a universal DH, with some ancillary stuff like expanded rosters.
                          Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                            Expanded playoffs is just as big of a chip. Once MLB and the MLBPA determine how much of the extra playoff money goes to the players, we'll have a universal DH, with some ancillary stuff like expanded rosters.
                            The players association turned down expanded playoffs earlier this week, didn't they? Of course, MLB can always increase their offer, but I honestly don't see them settling when they're already bracing for the next labor war...

If they could somehow sign a deal before THIS season starts, all of that is good.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

The players association turned down expanded playoffs earlier this week, didn't they? Of course, MLB can always increase their offer, but I honestly don't see them settling when they're already bracing for the next labor war...

If they could somehow sign a deal before THIS season starts, all of that is good.
                              They did, but I too think they will cave and profit share enough to get the players on board. I know this may not be a popular opinion, but I'm against it. I think it dilutes the long regular season, which hurts the game, and ultimately could hurt contracts, as teams do not have to pay up to be the very best anymore. I really like how the long slog of the season is paid off with a special place in the playoffs. I like the way it is, but expansion seems inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Tommy La Stella to the Giants
                                Wilson Ramos to the Tigers
                                Freddy Galvis to the Orioles
                                Wow, movement! Nice landing spot for Galvis.

Comment

Working...
                                X