No announcement yet.

2019-20 Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Verdugo, Graterol, Maeda" - "What are three prescriptions in my medicine cabinet?"
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      "Verdugo, Graterol, Maeda" - "What are three prescriptions in my medicine cabinet?"
      Got a case of the Betts you're trying to get over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        "Verdugo, Graterol, Maeda" - "What are three prescriptions in my medicine cabinet?"
        I thought I was supposed to take meclazine for Verdugo.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
          And the value of my $2, 2nd year Verdugo (that I acquired in a key dump trade) is now null and void (NL Only).

Don't drop him just yet. Minnesota may give new meaning to the baseball term "Twin killing".
          Last edited by madducks; 02-06-2020, 10:20 PM.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Don't drop him just yet. Minnesota may give new meaning to the baseball term "Twin killing".
            If so, this non-trade could be the only reason this native New Yorker has to celebrate Boston. Which would be a seismic shift in my universe. However, I’m still resigned to building my freeze/keeper list without him.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Craig Calcaterra of NBC Sports' Hardball Talk reports that Hunter Pence is on his way to San Francisco to take a physical with the Giants.

The deal is for 1 year/$3 million.
              Last edited by madducks; 02-08-2020, 12:31 AM.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Indians sign OF Domingo Santana for 1 year/$1 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  LOL...and it's not like the Twins made some great secret about it. They've said publicly that his future might be in the pen, given his lack of 3rd pitch and the fact that he can dominate in short stints. Nothing but bullshit...
                  And the Red Sox are apparently hitting up the Twins for another top-10 prospect. I'm hoping the Twins tell them to do something anatomically impossible ending in the word "yourself".

Comment

• Billy Hamilton to the Giants
                    Cody Allen to the Rangers

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      And the Red Sox are apparently hitting up the Twins for another top-10 prospect. I'm hoping the Twins tell them to do something anatomically impossible ending in the word "yourself".
                      LOL...at this point I kind of hope that Minnesota does exactly what you suggest. I like Maeda, and he's a fine #3 starter, but that's it. As a fan, I'd be just as happy keeping Graterol and cobbling together the staff until Hill and Pineda are back and ready to go into the rotation.

I'd also say that Boston deserves to have this whole deal blowing up in their face for stupidity and greed. Don't agree to a trade and then get buyers remorse and try to back out when your fans and the press decide they don't like it. Be a man of your word and swallow hard, and hope that Brusdar becomes a top RP.

Love to see Mookie and Price back with Boston, because LA probably can go either way...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        LOL...at this point I kind of hope that Minnesota does exactly what you suggest.
                        Clearly, we are smarter than Boston's general management at this point. Though I'm convinced it's a low bar.

But we'd work for a heck of a lot less.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Billy Hamilton to the Giants
                          Somebody had to save the Pirates from themselves. At least the Giants will have the sense to use him as bench depth. The Pirates would have wanted to make him a major part of their starting lineup and tried to sell the dwindling fanbase on Hamilton being a huge acquisition.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I need them to sign Jarrod Dyson as that guy
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Twins sources are reporting the team is likely to keep pitcher Brusdar Graterol rather than trade him to the Red Sox in the Mookie Betts blockbuster swap.

The Red Sox have reportedly balked after viewing Graterol's medical reports and now want additional compensation from the Twins. The Twins "no longer expect to work out their end of the proposed three-way swap". This would mean the Twins will not get Dodgers starter Kenta Maeda and could result in the entire multi-team trade falling apart.
                              Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                In the big 3 team/5 player trade from Tuesday:
                                Dodgers acquire OF Mookie Betts and SP David Price
                                Red Sox acquire OF Alex Verdugo and SP/RP Brusdar Graterol
                                Twins acquire SP Kenta Maeda
                                It's now being reported that the Twins have backed out of the deal.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X