• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the big 3 team/5 player trade from Tuesday:
    Dodgers acquire OF Mookie Betts and SP David Price
    Red Sox acquire OF Alex Verdugo and SP/RP Brusdar Graterol
    Twins acquire SP Kenta Maeda

And in another trade:
    Dodgers acquire 2B Luis Rengifo + 2 more prospects?
    Angels acquire OF Joc Pederson and SP Ross Stripling
    Last edited by madducks; 02-05-2020, 02:38 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I hate the Boston dealt Betts, but it is a great deal for the Dodgers, and I have to say, not a bad deal for Boston. They get under their precious cap (cuz you don't want to cut into the 100s of millions in profit to appease a fan base that will come out no matter what). And so did the Dodgers by dealing Joc. And the Angels get the better player in their swap. A win-win-win I guess, given each team's goals. But the Dodgers win the most, because this could help then win a WS.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        And in another trade:
        Dodgers acquire 2B Luis Rengifo
        Angels acquire OF Joc Pederson
        Fabian Ardaya of The Athletic hears that the Angels are getting a "big league starter" and a prospect along with Pederson, and that a prospect will accompany Rengifo to the Dodgers. The prospect going from the Dodgers to the Angels is outfielder Andy Pages, per ESPN's Kiley McDaniel.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

In the big 3 team/5 player trade from Tuesday:

And in another trade:
          Dodgers acquire 2B Luis Rengifo
          Angels acquire OF Joc Pederson
          And the value of my $2, 2nd year Verdugo (that I acquired in a key dump trade) is now null and void (NL Only).

2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• I really like the deals for all four teams, which is really strange. LA become the leader in the clubhouse with an offense that could be a juggernaut, and very good starting pitching. In no way do I see Price as being done...the Dodger practice of handling pitchers with kid gloves was made for him, and I see a big bounce back. Mookie will probably fall back a bit stat wise, but not much. He'll also probably likely be leading off...

Boston gets a very good young outfielder who's probably a .300 hitter with middling power, and a large question mark in Graterol. Bad body and big arm, already has some injury history, but could e lights out in the 'pen.

Minnesota gets a much needed starter that they can control cheaply, and who will allow them to ape the Dodgers once Hill and Pineda gt back. Good move, IMO.

And the Angels get a good OFer for what seems to be a bag of beans, not the magic ones either...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              And the Angels get a good OFer for what seems to be a bag of beans, not the magic ones either...
              Rengifo ain't awesome, but I think he's more than a bag of beans. He struggled a bit in his first year in the bigs at age 22, but he was .273/.336/.464 in his last year in AAA ball and he can run, though the Angels don't run much. And he can play SS.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Fabian Ardaya of The Athletic hears that the Angels are getting a "big league starter" and a prospect along with Pederson, and that a prospect will accompany Rengifo to the Dodgers. The prospect going from the Dodgers to the Angels is outfielder Andy Pages, per ESPN's Kiley McDaniel.
                According to USA Today's Bob Nightengale, Ross Stripling is being traded to the Angels along with Joc Pederson. Luis Rengifo will go to the Dodgers along with two prospects, per Nightengale's sources.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• It's about time the Angels got serious about putting talent with Trout. Stripling is a really good get for them - heck, he could be their #2 SP.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    It's about time the Angels got serious about putting talent with Trout. Stripling is a really good get for them - heck, he could be their #2 SP.
                    What happens to Canning?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      What happens to Canning?
                      Best guess right now is bullpen or AAA if he has options and they want him stretched out to start. Alternatively, they could put Stripling in the LR/Swing role since he did so well there for the Dodgers. But my money right now is on Stripling in the rotation. They have depth for the inevit...I mean, possible Heaney injury and/or Teheran or Bundy grossly sucking.

Comment

I mean, possible Heaney injury and/or Teheran or Bundy grossly sucking.
                        Now that you say it that way I feel like Canning is an auto add.

Comment

In the big 3 team/5 player trade from Tuesday:
                          According to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic, the three-team, five-player Mookie Betts trade is being held up due to concerns over Brusdar Graterol's medical review.

The Boston front office now views Graterol "more as a reliever than as a starter" long term after looking over the hard-throwing right-hander's medical records.

Rosenthal writes that the Red Sox "might ask for an additional player and/or money to bridge the gap" and that the trade should ultimately go through, "but perhaps not in its original reported form."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Boston front office now views Graterol "more as a reliever than as a starter" long term after looking over the hard-throwing right-hander's medical records.
                            Given the gas cans and igniters coming out of the Red Sox bullpen last year, I'd see that as a feature and not a bug.

Comment

Given the gas cans and igniters coming out of the Red Sox bullpen last year, I'd see that as a feature and not a bug.
                              LOL...and it's not like the Twins made some great secret about it. They've said publicly that his future might be in the pen, given his lack of 3rd pitch and the fact that he can dominate in short stints. Nothing but bullshit...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                LOL...and it's not like the Twins made some great secret about it. They've said publicly that his future might be in the pen, given his lack of 3rd pitch and the fact that he can dominate in short stints. Nothing but bullshit...
                                they must have gotten their Brusdar Gatersol's mixed up
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X