No announcement yet.

Dodger Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For now they'll probably go with Gordon at 2B, Fucal at SS, and Miles at 3B until he cools off with Carroll and Uribe spelling all three. Gordon's still on a somewhat short leash and could be sent down any day, but I think they want to give him a little longer taste of the majors.

I'm sure they'd love to unload Uribe's contract, but they would probably have to chip in some money which seems doubtful these days. Carroll, Miles, and Furcal (if healthy) are all more likely to be traded near the deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      For now they'll probably go with Gordon at 2B, Fucal at SS, and Miles at 3B until he cools off with Carroll and Uribe spelling all three. Gordon's still on a somewhat short leash and could be sent down any day, but I think they want to give him a little longer taste of the majors.
      Gordon was sent down today, Eugenio Velez recalled.

Comment

I was trying to figure out if I should keep Kenley Jansen much longer - he hasnt saved a game - but then I was wondering how many times have the dodgers been in save situations in the last few weeks? and who closed the game?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          I was trying to figure out if I should keep Kenley Jansen much longer - he hasnt saved a game - but then I was wondering how many times have the dodgers been in save situations in the last few weeks? and who closed the game?
          I still think Jansen will end the season as the Dodger's closer, and probably go into next year with a tenuous grip on the job, kinda like Axford had this year for MIL. Jansen is better, though. The cream will rise, and so you should be patient. In addition, he's cheap, which should make a difference to the Dodgers in the coming months.

Comment

The Dodgers had 2 SV situations in 5 weeks, at one point.
            They haven't made it easy on owners of Broxton, Kuo, Jansen, Guerra and friends.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              I still think Jansen will end the season as the Dodger's closer, and probably go into next year with a tenuous grip on the job, kinda like Axford had this year for MIL. Jansen is better, though. The cream will rise, and so you should be patient. In addition, he's cheap, which should make a difference to the Dodgers in the coming months.
              The big hurdle that Jansen has to overcome is to develop a 2nd pitch besides his fastball. I haven't watched him lately so not sure on his pitch selection but he has pitched well.

Comment

Working...
              X