Giancarlo Stanton for Paul Goldschmidt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giancarlo Stanton for Paul Goldschmidt

It's just a nibble. In an OBA keeper league, which would you rather have?

Both can be kept indefinitely and carrying cost is the same either way.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

5x5? Need more characters to post, lol.

Comment

6x6 OBA and SLG.

The fact that you had nothing more to say seems to indicate it's close.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I’d much rather have Goldschmidt.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I’d much rather have Goldschmidt.
          Even in St Louis? I prefer Goldschmidt myself, but it seemed close before he moved from a great hitter's park to a below average one.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I'd prefer Stanton. Not saying it was super close originally, but in a 4x4, the Goldy steals mean a whole lot. At 6x6, I would easily say Stanton at similar prices.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Even in St Louis? I prefer Goldschmidt myself, but it seemed close before he moved from a great hitter's park to a below average one.

J
              I’d still take him in a minute due to the higher certainty of quality stats.

Comment

Goldy is the safer choice, but in a 6X6, Stanton is tempting for his higher ceiling (he could go off again for 50+ homers). I'd take the safer choice, but I suspect in an open draft, they'd go really close, and I think many would go for Stanton.

Comment

Are Goldschmidt steals still even a thing? In the past three years, he's dropped from 32 in 2016 (looks a lot like a statistical outlier) to 18 in 2017 to 7 last year. "Power guy" stolen bases tend to dry up fast once they shift into late-career preservation mode - a downward trend in steals doesn't typically reverse itself after the age 30 season. He's always been more of an opportunist than a speedster, so his SB numbers may not be impacted too heavily by declining foot speed, but I'd still bet the under on him stealing 15 bags again going forward.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                    Are Goldschmidt steals still even a thing? In the past three years, he's dropped from 32 in 2016 (looks a lot like a statistical outlier) to 18 in 2017 to 7 last year. "Power guy" stolen bases tend to dry up fast once they shift into late-career preservation mode - a downward trend in steals doesn't typically reverse itself after the age 30 season. He's always been more of an opportunist than a speedster, so his SB numbers may not be impacted too heavily by declining foot speed, but I'd still bet the under on him stealing 15 bags again going forward.
                    I agree. But I think he'll hang around that 7-10 steal range for a while, and that further adds to his value. In this comparison, I think he's the higher floor player still with high value.

Comment

Working...
                    X